HostingPlex.com WebHosting

I've had a great service with these guys for the past 2-3 months until just recently when I found out my account was suspended. Ever since I found out I've been trying to figure out why it got suspended and have been emailing the support and posting on their forums to get some kind of response on the issue. I finally receive one and they tell me it was because my site was overloading their CPU. My site has not even been made public yet and I am always keeping my bandwitch to a minimum. I do not know why my account got suspended without any notice and I have all my work archived on that server. I've been trying to email them these past 3 days to get some kind of attention on this issue and nothing that I could come up to bring some kind of solution. If they could at least give me a chance to backup everything since I didn't know they were just going to suspend it all of the sudden. I now probably have to go to a different host and it is a pain to do that..... Guys just be careful with these guys, their plans are excellent but their support is rather slow and they are very unresponsive. Just looking at the past threads about HP will give you guys an idea.

My primary email which I use for everything, all my work that I have for my clients/customers to see are also done. I emailed them the first day this happened that I want to get this situated as soon as possible and its quite embarrassing for people to see this being suspended. Still no positive response yet. Been 3 days already.
    Last edited by reddem0n; 05-26-2004 at 02:24 PM.

They should be able to tell you what you were doing that overloaded their CPU. Did they tell you that much?

No they asked me what I could have done to overload it, and I told them that my site is reserved for private use mostly and I gave one additional account to someone else who puts his forum in it and thats about it. I told them that the only thing I can think of that must use all these resources excessively is the email since I got a virus in almost 3 out of every 6 emails I get.

Perhaps your friend’s forums were (are) popular or used a lot of cpu %. Or perhaps your friend installed something you are not aware of. However, I would imagine they (your host) would be able to tell you exactly what script was causing the problem.

Using PHPbb, I saw everything he was using when he uploaded them....I also helped him setup his forum and he is not very computer savvy at all.

I sympathize with you reddem0n. I think they've screwed you big time. Suspending your account without a warning or even a notice. May this topic bring their reputation down to a sewer!
    Webhosting at Graypics -- The right way to go...

reddem0n;

I am very sorry to hear your story, would you like to read mine with the same company you're talking about? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=272109

I don't know how companies would act as such, really weird.

I made a promise to myself that whenever I am given the chance, I want to let people be aware of this company...

reddem0n, if you really need a good hosting company, try looking into www.ayksolutions.com -- they -ARE- professionals and trust me, they KNOW what they do! give them a try. i found the website through www.liveexpert.com (and thanks to them of course) and there it was... i am in no way planning to move from this company for at least the coming 10 years... honest.

ps.: WHENEVER i tried to look into cpanel's server stats, i always notice that the server is overloaded and the red sign is on.

The amount of bandwidth you are using doesn't really matter, sites using pratically none can still be using alot of server resources.

If the only script on the site was phpBB and it wasn't even open and being posted on, then the situation is very strange. They should be able to tell you what exactly on your site was causing the problem.
    Hyperconfused (™)

The amount of bandwidth you are using doesn't really matter, sites using pratically none can still be using alot of server resources.
    You can say that again!

When a user is bringing a server to a halt, we don't have the time to notify them before suspension, we notify them after we have suspended them, the primary goal is to protect the server and the rest of the users on that server, this is a shared service must I remind everybody again.

We have been giving warnings to our users that use too many resources, we are now starting to enforce it, but many people are acting surprised (what a surprise). Its also a little difficult to deal with when a user says they are doing nothing but maybe its their friend who shares the account with them. We deal with the primary user, they are the one that is responsible for what goes on with the account they hold with us. Ignorance is not a justification we will take, "I dont know why i am using so much, its some script i downloaded off the net". We are charging from 2$ a month to 14$ a month, at that price we don't have the resources to help every user optimize their software or pinpoint the exact cause of *their* problem... sometimes its as simple as getting people to index their database tables, sometimes its not.

Originally posted by HP-Kevin
    We are charging from 2$ a month to 14$ a month, at that price we don't have the resources to help every user optimize their software or pinpoint the exact cause of *their* problem... sometimes its as simple as getting people to index their database tables, sometimes its not.
    So have you ever thought of explaining to the user that your prices do not calculate in that they need supporting?

I understand that if a user is resource-abusive, then it's in the best interests of the other users that the problem is addressed. However, not giving the user a reason, nor pointing them to anything they did that could be resource abusive (customer said so above- you asked him what could be the problem), is simply unacceptable, I'm sure you agree.

Surely before suspending his account, you knew 100% that it was his account being abusive, which would also mean you know how/where/when.

Simon

Support is factored into the price, not analysis and optimization of their software that is using too much..... support is not understanding their query to make it better, where we can help we do, but this is not something we can promise to everybody, and we don't.

When you see the users script is taking huge amounts of time to execute, and there are hundreds of them, to me that is resource abuse, we don't go into their files and say "Oh, its this line where you read everything from that file then sort through it"... we run phpsuexec so their files are executed as them it is not difficult for us to do process accounting and know who is hogging the server.

Originally posted by reddem0n
    No they asked me what I could have done to overload it
    Did they ask you in general or in regards to a specific script? They should be able to tell you exactly what script is causing the issue.

I finally receive one and they tell me it was because my site was overloading their CPU. My site has not even been made public yet and I am always keeping my bandwidth to a minimum.
    This is what is really bewildering IMHO. And he received no explanation on what really happened, which is not exactly OK. It's obvious that the guy feels he was kicked out almost without reason.

Originally posted by HP-Kevin
    ... we run phpsuexec so their files are executed as them it is not difficult for us to do process accounting and know who is hogging the server.
    Isn't this inconsistent with what your ex-client is saying? He's saying that the support do not have the answer and is in fact asking him if he knows what's wrong with the server.

Also do you know which user this is or you are just speaking generally. Speaking generally helps no one because there's always exceptions to the rule (for example if I read this about my support staff, it tells me that someone is inadequately trained)

Just a thought.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••