Thread: Domain Scammers

* Domain Scammers

I had some bad experience choosing and buying domains.

When I start searching for a nice domain I use standard search field of all registrars...

Then... when I find several good ones, I take some time to think about them, to choose the one and so on...

It takes 1-2 days...

But whed I make a decission, I go to buy it and it says that the domain of my choise has been purchased 1-2 days ago!!!

I don't know whether it's a normal practice, but I had this bad experience several times with well known and very 'reliable' registrars (I will not name them of course, beause I don't have any proofs).

Please tell, whether it's normal practice, and I just need to be more prompt? And whether there are really reliable registrars where I can be sure that my potential domain won't be taken by them only because I find it in their search?

some people claims this was happening back in 1995 - 1999 when network solutions used to be the only registrar, they used to sell search results to other domain buyers etc..

but now-a-days you can always use non-registrar websites like although this can show only domains available within 24 past hours since the database updates every 24hrs

good luck!
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

United States of America
    even on the ev1 servers site for domains support they note that they are setup to process new orders basically as expected (via the web) without the help need of a real person
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.