Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

VONETWORK.com STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM

THEY CANNOT KEEP SERVERS UP

THEY WILL CANCEL AND MOVE SERVERS WITHOUT GIVING A CHANCE TO CHANGE YOUR DNS

THEY DO NOT ANSWER TICKETS IN A TIMELY FASHION

STAY AWAY FROM VONETWORK

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

PLEASE PASS THIS AND POST THIS IN ANY MESSAGE BOARD YOU CAN FIND.

HAVE ALREADY STARTED THE CAMPAIGN MYSELF.

AGAIN, DO NOT JOIN VONETWORK unless you are a kid playing games

because thats what the support guys here like to do

play games and think we dont care when our server is wiped out now -- 2 times in the last month.

IF YOU SEE THE PLANET as the backbone, RUN LIKE HELL as well.

I've always heard good things about the planet's network,, so it must be your host..

Good luck in your search for an alternative..
    Reseller-Network.Com
    Hsphere, DirectAdmin, or Helm. Windows 2003 & Unix Reseller,Shared,and Dedicated Hosting.
    *Multi-Homed* *Usage-Based* *Adult Content Allowed*

Yea i know THE PLANET is ok

the VONETWORK.com is SHADY

DO NOT DO THE MISTAKE I DID

STAY FAR AWAY FROM VONETWORK.com

LET THEM GO OUT OF BUSINESS

THEY DESERVE IT

BUNCH OF MORONS RUNNING THAT SINKING SHIP

You really need to justify what your saying. Using caps lock doesnt improve what your trying to say.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

so this does?

Originally posted by filmusa
    so this does?
    Heh, moreso than yelling.

I also agree that you should provide details explaining your experiences rather than making generalized, broad statements.

Regards,
    Jason
    http://www.charlottezweb.com
    HOSTING your livelihood

Yes I would like to hear more about this, We use the planet and we have not experianced any downtime, well maybe once in the last year. So it is not the planet.
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC
    http://www.phimagroup.com

I'm currently a customer of VoNetwork. They move old server to new ones with many many enchancements.

For each server move, I get a broadcast email from votnetwork forum where they post details about the move. And customer with account on the server get mail about that too.

What say... If you don't know read your mail, it's sad but VoNetwork did what they had to do. Sorry for you if you don't understand that...

If you want more details about filmusa you can look at the forum network this thread . Nice post...

cwieland, take a look at http://forums.vonetwork.net/viewtopic.php?t=1286 and you'll see what think filmusa about theplanet : "the planet is nothing more than a small APT size building in Dallas. not what you see on their site. "

David.
    Last edited by dgaussin; 05-26-2004 at 09:44 AM.

sorry guys im just mad

what they did was move my to a new server well they just shut it down without having it at least up so that I can change my DNS settings

SO FOR 2 days all my clients sites are DOWN because they didnt keep it up when they moved , here is their email

everyone is pissed.

now i got to tell my clients, who are businesses on a wends and thursday why all 150 employees wont get emails today and tommorrow

--------------

Hi
    This is to annouce that all accounts on the server Host21(69.93.241.4) have been moved to the new server Host26(69.93.250.100)
    Use following Details to access your acount
    WHM:http://69.93.251.68:2086/
    cPanel: http://69.93.251.68:2082/
    FTP: 69.93.251.68
    If you use
    1. our anonymous nameservers you need not worry about anything
    2. your own nameservers please register the nameserver IPs given below as soon as you get this message(NOW)
    * primary nameserver(e.g ns1) : 69.93.251.68
    * secondory nameserver(e.g ns2) : 69.93.251.69

It seems that the old provider has already taken the sites on the old server offline. So you'll have to wait for DNS propagation.
    This was not the schedule.We are investigating the issue with the old provider.
    Please make the necessary changes immediately (NOW)

---------------------------

SO BASICALLY

ALL MY SITES ARE LOST AND DOWN BECAUSE THE MORONS AT VONETWORK DIDNT TELL THEM NOT TO AUTO SHUT IT OFF.

im not the only one on 21 nor the only customer

POINT IS

they are horrible at communicating with you when you file a claim ticket

and then they throw this SERVER changes ALL OF A SUDDEN

If you have serious clients

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

I understand why you're mad now, but I don't understand why you're shouting like that and take time to post a lot of thread instead talk to your customers...

I am thinking to buy one of their windows 2003 plans.

Shoey, you can ask them to test their service with a free 5 days trial...

I am thinking to buy one of their windows 2003 plans.
    Shoey, are you trying to annoy filmusa?

It seems that the old provider has already taken the sites on the old server offline. So you'll have to wait for DNS propagation. This was not the schedule. We are investigating the issue with the old provider.
    That's a good excuse actually. If their provider really took the server down without permission there's little they can do about it (except complain about it and hope for a resolution).

It looks like VOnetwork has a ton of clients.
    And please stop typing in caps.
    Thank you.

I'll for one back up what filmusa said about them.

Ive been with them for 3 months and had nothing but problems with downtime etc. Their support is non existent and they wipe forum threads they don't like. I stuck with them thinking things would improve.

Sadly, I was the victim of this mismanaged server change over and have lost weeks worth of data. I'm struggling with the backups I have now to get back up to speed elsewhere.

All there support could do was shrug their shoulders and walk away. I can bring a few more very upset customers by this way if you still don't believe these posts or you can breeze on over and check out some of the threads in their forum they haven't removed, there are plenty of them. If you do use them. You have been warned.....

You just reminded me of www.hostingplex.com what a bad memory with this company!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=272109

I can agree with what is being said here. Thus far, it has been confirmed that many of my sites were completely lost.

The worst part, however, is that there is no communication to the customers. Right now, I am hanging in the wind.

We're not talking average delay, either. I am talking the type of thing that is unprofessional. Ignoring people when you are aware of the problem.

I can back up what I am saying because I have e-mails, private messages - and heck, check out their own forums.

Although, I must agree they do delete posts.

If they do not address my issue soon, I am afraid I am going to have to publically blast them also.

To top it all off, I have actually REFERRED them clients before - yet, they are not on top of the game in replying to me. I have others who lost data on the same server that they've admitted the losses to. Meaning, I've seen the e-mail exchanges, pm exchanges, etc.

This is just not intelligent business.

Originally posted by zoomsan
    That's why, in my opinion such comapnies and in the coming future... well, they won't have a future. Hopefully.

Originally posted by zoomsan
    I can agree with what is being said here. Thus far, it has been confirmed that many of my sites were completely lost.

The worst part, however, is that there is no communication to the customers. Right now, I am hanging in the wind.

We're not talking average delay, either. I am talking the type of thing that is unprofessional. Ignoring people when you are aware of the problem.

I can back up what I am saying because I have e-mails, private messages - and heck, check out their own forums.

Although, I must agree they do delete posts.

If they do not address my issue soon, I am afraid I am going to have to publically blast them also.

To top it all off, I have actually REFERRED them clients before - yet, they are not on top of the game in replying to me. I have others who lost data on the same server that they've admitted the losses to. Meaning, I've seen the e-mail exchanges, pm exchanges, etc.

And I Disagree....

Sometimes, people do not know how to read emails. They sometime ignore the value of announcement!!!

They always answered to my emails, questions, etc...

They always announce of any changes they make...

Support is doing great...

What else can I say?

I don't know what is your problem but I am staying with VON.

Peace!,
    Jones

Sometimes, people do not know how to read emails. They sometime ignore the value of announcement!!!
    I think we can manage that much. I too requested more information on this issue but got no reply. I acted as instructed in the email and forum announcement. The answer to my support ticket after everything went pear shaped was tough nothing we can do. This was on top of many other unanswered tickets and emails over the past months. More to the point is that VON don't know how to reply to emails.

I don't know what is your problem but I am staying with VON.
    The problem is fairly obvious if you read the thread. But to put it simply, VON have left a lot of people high and dry with absolutely no redress. I still have 5 sites that have vanished. I'm having to sit tight and wait for domains to resolve before I can do anything. They have deleted threads in their forums. Someone suggested maybe the poster deleted them. How? They have in the past just deleted outstanding tickets of mine without solving the problem.

If you are happy sure stay with them, but please don't think I am in the habit of rubbishing people for no good reason. I posted to this thread as a "heads up" for others to be cautious, because whatever you may think there ARE real issues still outstanding with their ability to host.

they deleted all my posts there

they seriously are trying to hide the fact that they CANT HANDLE THE NUMBER OF CLIENTS

THEY SUCK

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH VONETWORK

TRUST ME

When will people start making their own backups?

When will people start making their own backups?
    After all the hosts will provide reliable hourly backups.

dude its not aBOut backups

i bet everyone does backups

its about changing servers and not giving us time to change the DNS

they TURNED off the server and then we got notified, had to change d the DNS and wait for it to repoint itself to the new server

2 days , all my clients have been out of emails and website

Its not about backups

its about Customer service and getting what you are paying for.

if you want that, DONT go to Vonetwork.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast