Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy wholesaleinternet.com

ey,

I live in a suburb of Kansas City and was looking to get a dedicated server in the area. One of the local companies that I found that had some of the better deals was wholesaleinternet. But while talking to a friend, he told me to stay as far away from them as possible and they will soon be shutting their doors. He said they were in debt by over $10,000 and were in the process of dropping carriers. Does anybody else know anything about this? or is my friend just talking out of his *** .....
      0 Not allowed!

Im not aware of any of that. I know many people who have servers with them and have heard nothing of this.
      0 Not allowed!

you wouldn't happen to know what provider they are on would you?
      0 Not allowed!

no sorry, ill try and find out for you.
      0 Not allowed!

iam with them now and they are greats . i dont think they will do this.
      0 Not allowed!

Same here, just got a Windows server with them. Came all patched and ready to run. Till now no glitches or complaints.
      0 Not allowed!

I think aaron from WII said that they have been taking over another failing company's clients in the same building. Perhaps he got the two companies mixed up.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: wholesaleinternet.com

Originally posted by omaha.stylee
    ey,

I live in a suburb of Kansas City and was looking to get a dedicated server in the area. One of the local companies that I found that had some of the better deals was wholesaleinternet. But while talking to a friend, he told me to stay as far away from them as possible and they will soon be shutting their doors. He said they were in debt by over $10,000 and were in the process of dropping carriers. Does anybody else know anything about this? or is my friend just talking out of his *** .....
    There are only three people who have intimate knowlage of our company's financials and your "friend" probably isn't one of them. You didn't mention who he is but does he have any motivation to say something like this? Does he work for one of our competitors? Own one of our competitors? You didn't say but I'll bet he does....

Think about your friend's motivation before taking him seriously. Since his statement is untrue and malicious it falls under the category of slander. If it's who I think it is then maybe he needs to be put back in his place.... again.

As for the "allegations" they hardly warrant a response at all. As far as our business goes, $10,000 is nothing. That amount alone tells me your friend is very small time. We have no plans to close our doors any time in the future. If it ever came to it, which it won't, we would all sell everything we own to keep the company running before we had to close down.

We did drop one carrier. We were purchasing Cogent through a third party and that party could no longer support our technical requirements. With Level3, Global Crossing and Williams we felt that we really didn't need Cogent anymore anyway. Even there, we do still have live lines directly from Cogent in our DC.

The last time you posted incorrect information about us I offered you a tour of our DC. I'll take this opportunity to re-extend that offer. You can call 913-710-SERV (7378) and just tell James you'd like to come down for a tour. Make it durring lunch time and I'll even buy you lunch.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net
      0 Not allowed!

Aaron, would you mind replying to that mail I sent to you at billing[-at-]wholesaleinternet.com very early yesterday morning?

-Bjarne
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Now that's what I call a professional response, two thumbs up!

omaha.stylee, I think you should take up his offer and tell us about the DC (and the lunch) afterwards.
      0 Not allowed!

I see Aaron's response but I was gonna say, $10K debt for a company of any size is not bad, it's GOOD most companies are in debt up to their eyeballs and $10K wouldn't pay a year's worth of interest for many small upstarts.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

wholesaleinternet is very stable company, they will never fly-away.. I am sure.
      0 Not allowed!

Dixiesys, indeed. 10K debt is not bad. My fathers one-man business has more debt than that (and WSI is not a one man business).

WII-Aaron, I forwarded the email to you.
      0 Not allowed!

so I talked to my "friend" a little more ....
    I honestly doubt you're going to admit that your company is failing on a forum this size, but he went into a little more detail of wholesaleinternet's debt. He said that they were in debt to the people they were getting the cogent line from, could that possibly be the reason they don't have cogent anymore?
      0 Not allowed!

I honestly doubt you're going to admit that your company is failing on a forum this size, but he went into a little more detail of wholesaleinternet's debt. He said that they were in debt to the people they were getting the cogent line from, could that possibly be the reason they don't have cogent anymore?
    Well I'd still take this with a grain of salt, just from this thread I would surmise this could be a contract dispute more than "debt". I'm currently in a contract dispute with an old colocation company over some early termination fees my lawyer can't seem to find mentioned in the contract (I downgraded service due to poor network performance from a full rack to a single server) so I'd hardly be surprised to find WII has a dispute with Cogent over <whatever> obviously I'm just speculating but still nothing said in this thread would overly concern me with respect to WII.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck
      0 Not allowed!

i contact them at the 5 AM and they answer me and can make reboot with out 1 hours or less and arron is great man really he are very helpfull but when they start they were have alot of down time but know they are good .
      0 Not allowed!

You are correct. I'm not going to admit that we are failing because we're not.

We have a contract dispute with our former cogent provider over a couple grand. That's hardly a "going out of business" amount.

We still have Cogent, it's just coming directly from Cogent now and feeding only a single customer.

At this point I have to question your motivations also. It's my understanding that you are a colo customer with a local competitor of ours. To my knowlage you've never been a customer of ours and you've never contacted anyone associated with Wholesale Internet. The question in your origional post was what did others think? I think it's been answered. You seem to be the only one who feels this way.

Again I extend my offer to meet you personally and give you a tour of our facilities. I would encourage you to compare them with your current provider. We are more then happy to answer any questions you may have, We have nothing to hide.

I also must caution you. Inquiring about a companies financial status, service, reputation, facilities, etc. is one thing. Setting out to spread false rumors in an effort to damage that company and put doubt in customer's and potential customer's minds is quite another. We take any attempt to falsely discredit us very seriously.

Once again. I would invite not just you but anyone who would like to see our facilities to gove us a call at 913-710-7378 and set up a time. My offer for lunch still stands also.

Aaron
    Last edited by WII-Aaron; 05-26-2004 at 01:52 PM.
    Aaron Wendel
      0 Not allowed!

I have a server with wholesale and have been very pleased. I cant see them going out of buissness.
      0 Not allowed!

Aaron I might be in the states soon (Canadian myself) but where bouts are you and could i get that lunch I never turn down food =D

Also I think just from posts omha or whatever his name is has what 32 posts? and Aaron has 900+?

So who are we going to believe.

Also I am not with WSI but I did speak with Aaron a few times via email etc and he was always very polite upfront and professional.

Thats just my 2 cents though
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: wholesaleinternet.com

Well if you continue not to charge me you will have problems

Man please charge my server fee

Just wanna say everyone if you check my previous posts i have too much experience on budget servers.

Wholesale is one of the best on market.

They are always kindful and respective i hope it continues. For debt 10k can be only problem for a child on this market. Even cogent have millions of debt in past

Originally posted by WII-Aaron
    There are only three people who have intimate knowlage of our company's financials and your "friend" probably isn't one of them. You didn't mention who he is but does he have any motivation to say something like this? Does he work for one of our competitors? Own one of our competitors? You didn't say but I'll bet he does....

Think about your friend's motivation before taking him seriously. Since his statement is untrue and malicious it falls under the category of slander. If it's who I think it is then maybe he needs to be put back in his place.... again.

As for the "allegations" they hardly warrant a response at all. As far as our business goes, $10,000 is nothing. That amount alone tells me your friend is very small time. We have no plans to close our doors any time in the future. If it ever came to it, which it won't, we would all sell everything we own to keep the company running before we had to close down.

We did drop one carrier. We were purchasing Cogent through a third party and that party could no longer support our technical requirements. With Level3, Global Crossing and Williams we felt that we really didn't need Cogent anymore anyway. Even there, we do still have live lines directly from Cogent in our DC.

The last time you posted incorrect information about us I offered you a tour of our DC. I'll take this opportunity to re-extend that offer. You can call 913-710-SERV (7378) and just tell James you'd like to come down for a tour. Make it durring lunch time and I'll even buy you lunch.

Aaron
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jaali

Also I think just from posts omha or whatever his name is has what 32 posts? and Aaron has 900+?

So who are we going to believe.

Although I agree that Aaron is a trustworthy person I dont however, really see how the ammount of posting on this forum often makes you more honest then someone who doesnt.
      0 Not allowed!

Though I do not have any service with wholesaleinternet.com, I resent the fact that someone posting a slender on any company they had not done business with or would do it either. It obviously seems like a motive oriented by reading the tread starters post.

I had several occasions emailed sales dept of wholesaleinternet.com and they have been very helpful with response to my question. I may very well in future do business with wholesaleinternet.com because they seem very professional and a decent provider.

WII-Aaron, I must say you are handling this tread at a very professional level.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jaali
    Aaron I might be in the states soon (Canadian myself) but where bouts are you and could i get that lunch I never turn down food =D

We are in Kansas City. I will feed you also.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
      0 Not allowed!

Even if they did have $10,000 at risk in a contract dispute, $10,000 wouldn't put a company like that (or most companies) out of business. Contract disputes with datacenters and carriers are very common, especially when the carrier hasn't held up to their end of the deal. Is that the same company you were getting your old Williams line through? If so, you made a good choice in terminating that relationship.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

I'm thinking a little Bryant's BBQ, what do you think about that Aaron?
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Time to find out how far that is as I'm in Ontario (near London)
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization
      0 Not allowed!

I've got a machine with WI (and another one soon)
    They've been great to us - great prices, excellent service

They seem to my like they're expanding more than going bankrupt!
    laslo.ca
    Quality Canadian Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

oh well.
      0 Not allowed!

I smell BS...

* i69.30.192.0/19 xxx.xx.xxx.129 33 100 0 1239 7911 32097 i
    *> xx.xxx.xxx.207 0 7018 7911 32097 i
    * i69.30.192.0/24 xxx.xx.xxx.129 33 100 0 1239 7911 32097 i
    * i69.30.206.0/24 xxx.xx.xxx.129 33 100 0 1239 7911 32097 i
    * i69.30.207.0/24 xxx.xx.xxx.129 33 100 0 1239 7911 32097 i
    * i69.30.208.0/24 xxx.xx.xxx.129 33 100 0 1239 7911 32097 i
    * i69.30.209.0/24 xxx.xx.xxx.129 33 100 0 1239 7911 32097 i
    * i69.30.223.0/24 xxx.xx.xxx.129 33 100 0 1239 7911 32097 i

Funny, I only see WilTel.

I called Cogent, you don't have a line from them.

Learn how to do BGP announcements too, your wasting CPU/Memory on everyone's routers by announcing a /19, then /24's out of the SAME ALREADY ANNOUNCED BLOCK.

Of course, you would have in fact known that if you knew anything about routers, as it's apparent you didn't have anyone else do this for you like you've stated.

Here.. let me rip you on a few other things...

Your 'Global Crossing' and 'Level 3' connections are provided by AMERICAN FIBER SYSTEMS. You are THEIR customer, not GLBX and L3's customer.

American Fiber Systems runs you a GigE connection to their network. They do this so they can just run it from switch to switch without having to deploy any other optics and reducing their cost. It's a great idea.

But it's a 1 GIGABIT network connection, not a "2.5G direct fiber feed to Global Crossing™"

So your NOT advertising ip blocks to Level 3, nor to GLBX. You DO NOT have a Cogent line, what do you have? A WilTel connection! Which by the way only has two OC-3's lit up for the KC Market, and feeds multiple 100meg ports to other customers from. So your on a SHARED 2xOC-3 internet connection.

So, you have UPS power? Who's it from? How about a Generator? You know, a Class 'A' data center also requires 24x7 attended access. Meaning you need someone there of your own staff. You also need N+1 power, you do not have that. I'm also doubting you have UPS's for anything, but instead cross your fingers that the power dosn't fail.

Your in the Bryant building, the security guard leaves at 10pm every night, and if I remember correctly, 5pm on weekends. Does the building even have security camera's on it? How often do they change the tapes? Is there even a tape in the machine?

You want to play in the big boy world, you need to be able to back your mouth up. You want to bring a group through your center, I'll be more than happy to be one of those people, and I would LOVE for some others to join me on this. I've worked with datacenters for years, and I know the center your in. It's the old Cable & Wireless POP, I know what issues they had in the past, and I know what issues are still there.

If I was anyone that truely needed 24x7 uptime, or anything greater than 95%. I would go across the street to Switch and Data, buy a rack there and pay 1k/month for a Cogent line. Cogent has had a GREAT network lately, worth it in ever penny. Cogent not your cup of tea, go with Verio or someone else there.

Don't like S&D, then goto Netstandard. Don't like any of them... Get a Business DSL or Cable Modem and host it in your house. Buy a small UPS, you'll still have a better setup than Wholesale Internet.

Anyone want to call my post 'BS', I'll be MORE than happy to go downtown KC and take some pictures as proof. Wholesale, you want to call me a BS'er, let's take a tour, and I'll buy your lunch.

FYI, I don't work for any CoLo center, I am a customer of several datacenters however. None of them are S&D sites or Netstandard.

Originally posted by WII-Aaron
    You are correct. I'm not going to admit that we are failing because we're not.

We have a contract dispute with our former cogent provider over a couple grand. That's hardly a "going out of business" amount.

We still have Cogent, it's just coming directly from Cogent now and feeding only a single customer.
    <SNIP>

Once again. I would invite not just you but anyone who would like to see our facilities to gove us a call at 913-710-7378 and set up a time. My offer for lunch still stands also.

Aaron
      0 Not allowed!

rm_-RF_/

Do you have any proof to support your claims?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I wouldn't post anything and make any accusations with out being able to prove them. Otherwise they would be construied as slanderious, and I could/would be held liable for them.

Like I said, I'll be MORE than happy to go on any tour with anyone at Wholesale Internet.

If they want to allow me into their facalities with a camera to take pictures, I'll do that and post them on here.

Call Cogent, ask them. Ask them for proof that their running Cogent bandwidth. I'll print this post out and eat it if I'm wrong, but if their a customer of Cogent, Cogent dosn't know.

Call American Fiber Systems and ask them, go out to www cidr-report org and look up their ASN. Look at ANY looking glass, and you'll see the same BGP announcements as I do.

Go take a tour, ask where's their generator, UPS, line conditioners.

KCPL (Local power company) has a 13.2Kv stepdown transformer that they installed because Cable & Wireless needed the power. They can't put a generator on it. UPS, they didn't have them in there when I took a tour a bit back ago.

The facts are simple and in front of everyone. I'm not, and will not, post anything that I can not prove for everyone to see if I was ever asked for.

So in your question on if I have proof.... Want to take a tour with me? Arin will buy lunch for us. (well, doubt he would for me now)

Originally posted by Matt

Do you have any proof to support your claims? [/B]
      0 Not allowed!

Well according to ARIN, they are assigned ASN: 32097

And, FixedOrbit lists two providers.. http://www.fixedorbit.com/AS/32/AS32097.htm

As for Cogent, I believe Aaron stated that line is for 1 customer.
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/a...2097&view=4637

17090 AS32097 WHOLE-125 WholeSale Internet
    Adjacency: 1 Upstream: 1 Downstream: 0
    Upstream Adjacent AS list
    AS7911 WCG-29 Williams Communications Group

AS32097: WHOLE-125 WholeSale Internet
    Prefix (AS Path) Aggregation Action
    69.30.192.0/19 4637 7911 32097
    69.30.192.0/24 4637 7911 32097 - Withdrawn - matching aggregate 69.30.192.0/19 4637 7911 32097
    69.30.206.0/24 4637 7911 32097 - Withdrawn - matching aggregate 69.30.192.0/19 4637 7911 32097
    69.30.207.0/24 4637 7911 32097 - Withdrawn - matching aggregate 69.30.192.0/19 4637 7911 32097
    69.30.208.0/24 4637 7911 32097 - Withdrawn - matching aggregate 69.30.192.0/19 4637 7911 32097
    69.30.209.0/24 4637 7911 32097 - Withdrawn - matching aggregate 69.30.192.0/19 4637 7911 32097
    69.30.223.0/24 4637 7911 32097 - Withdrawn - matching aggregate 69.30.192.0/19 4637 7911 32097
      0 Not allowed!

Funny that only shows a small piece of their IP allocation. ARIN lists several more blocks.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes they have a /19 from ARIN but they don't advertise them all via BGP.
      0 Not allowed!

Well something is getting advertised properly. I just traced from Level3 to 1 of their IPs and it went over Level3. Traced from Williams, and it went via Williams.
      0 Not allowed!

sh ip bgp regexp 32097

I wasn't looking at what they were allocated, I was looking at what they were advertising via BGP. And from Sprintlink and AT&T, I don't see anything through L3 or GLBX, which I didn't say they didn't infact have.

One other thing I failed to clear on. Their GigE link to AFS, that's only from AFS's central router, to the local router they install for you.

From there, they give you access to a 10/100 port. Their using nice Nortel Optera switches on all of their network.

Soon as I hit 5 posts to where I can post a URL, I'll post some pic's that someone mailed to me. I guess they've made a few people mad.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast