PHP Guide ( Where can I find A Good One )

Or even perhaps a good book anyone can recommend? Preferably, I need a good website to research so I can learn some and gain a nice knowledge of the language...if anyone can help It'd be much appreciated
    - THE Server Kid -

The website phision recomended is the best and for books I'd go with an O'Reilly book, they are easy to understand and learn with.
    Brad
    www.buyourwebhosting.com
    AIM Screen Name - buyourweb
    More power than a web site needs - xController cPanel theme and Fantastico

PHP and MYSQL for Dynamic Websites by Larry Ulman (put out by PeachPit Press. I think it's in the "Visual QuickStart" series and is only about $25 new.... Amazon may sell it quite a bit cheaper. This book is my bible! It goes almost everywhere with me!
    Cheers!
    aoco

W3Schools is where I would go for their PHP tutorials are pretty good along with all the other ones that they have. For a book I say Sam's Teach Yourself PHP in 24 Hours, that is how I learned.

the w3schools tutorials are really good and aimed towards beginers. Its what I used when I learned html and Javascript. I never really got to PHP. Are there any other books for learing PHP

Originally posted by aoco
    PHP and MYSQL for Dynamic Websites by Larry Ulman (put out by PeachPit Press. I think it's in the "Visual QuickStart" series and is only about $25 new.... Amazon may sell it quite a bit cheaper. This book is my bible! It goes almost everywhere with me!
    2nd that notion

What I call my Big Purple PHP Bible usually is a decent reference and pretty much what I learned PHP by. I lucked out, I pretty much pot luck chose a book of Amazon and really loved it. I does have a bit of deprecated code in it (doesn't reference $_GET / POST instead likes just using $variable) but, most people will pick that up especially if you change register_globals.

But, thats the book I learned from and apparently other people as well.....
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat