Starting at $79/month :: CalHost Servers - Never out of stock

Just a reminder that although Managed.com is sold out of their low-end machines, our entire inventory of entry-level machines is very full.

Likewise, Servermatrix may have machines in stock, but require setup fees for a reasonable rate. We don't. Just some small differences.

I haven't popped in here to keep our name from being forgotten, but since some providers are well-liked for their price/performance, CalHost may not be a bad choice considering the alternatives.

Anyway, this is not the usual way I get my name on computer screens, but nonetheless -- with full stock, no setup fees and IRC services allowed, it's kind of hard to go wrong. =)
    Adam Lawson - AQORN
    OpenStack Professional Services. Commercial Support. Open-Source Cloud Management
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member & Corporate Sponsor
    Our Clients: AT&T | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

so , whats your offer ?

I don't have a special offer at this time - only to make mention of the plans we have and the fact that there may be some advantages of making use of some of them. That's all. =)
    Adam Lawson - AQORN
    OpenStack Professional Services. Commercial Support. Open-Source Cloud Management

Aren't the San Jose, California servers from www.managed.com ? and aren't they are cheaper there. just a thought

Isn't there a rule or something about crapping in someone's advertising thread, embedding links to my competitors? If not, that sort of comment is in very poor taste and serves no purpose other than to belittle what we're advertising.

My recommendation: Take the high road. Promoting yourself can take two forms:
    * A person climbing a rope or
    * Trying to keep your head above the water when you feel yourself sinking.

Climbing a rope takes significant effort and very hard work but when you reach the top, the accomplishment is all yours.

Keeping your head above water by drowning the lifeguard is another way to boost yourself, but short lived.

It is more becoming to promote yourself by your own merit than to promote yourself by belittling others. No one can force you to take the high road, naturally. The choice is yours and now would be a good time to put that to practice.
    Last edited by AQORN-Adam; 05-26-2004 at 10:59 PM.
    Adam Lawson - AQORN

And to answer your question which I can only assume is rhetorical;
    No- these servers are not Managed servers. They are CALHOST servers.
    Last edited by AQORN-Adam; 05-26-2004 at 11:13 PM.
    Adam Lawson - AQORN

Can you explain how come calhost.com is hosted on managed.com then? Do you have a IP to where these servers are located?
    Webby Enterprises LLC
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated and Colo from Orlando, FL and Saint Louis, MO
    In the business since 1997!

The main website is at Managed as a first step in distributing our site across multiple DC's so if one goes facility becomes unavailable by some act of God, our Members Area where everyone flocks to for network status and critical updates won't go down.

I would be happy to provide a working IP to anyone with an interest to purchase a server. They can contact me via PM here, email, website chat or call me at the office at (916) 256-4188 8am-5pm PST.

I don't, however, provide IP's to folks looking to dig our info and explain or confirm their opinions on how we run our business. Been there- not interested.

*sigh* I just wanted this thread to focus on what it is supposed to focus on- excellent entry-level servers leased at very low rates.

Unfortunately, for folks who may have been interested in us, they probably stopped reading after various WHT members found a greater interest in hijacking our thread and disect our business model as opposed to actually discussing the servers themselves.

I'll wait a few weeks then sent up another reminder thread- hopefully without all the clutter so folks who are actually interested can ask their own questions.
    Adam Lawson - AQORN