Recovering PaForgotten whm password

I changed the password for WHM 2 days ago and written the new password down. But now the paper is lost and i dont have the password and i cant login to WHM . I dont know what to do. Please help..

do you have reseller account, VPS or ...???

Contact your host and ask for a password reset
    RofyHost - Affordable Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2003
    Proud Moroccan

It is a dedicated server i have from servermatrix. So should i post a support ticket to servermatrix?

Then you have lost your ROOT password,
    I think the the best you can do is post a support ticket then wait if anyone here got something...

This is if you have direct access to your server (but I do not think it is possible in your case)
    http://www.j-code.net/docs/docviewer.php?doc_id=8

anyways, wish you good luck,
    RofyHost - Affordable Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2003
    Proud Moroccan

Lol, you lost your ROOT password? That was kind of dumb...There's not much that can be done, did you update the root password in Orbit like you're supposed to? If so maybe you can find it there. If not, there's not a lot SM can do although they just might be able to help you. I hope this teaches you a good lesson

Contact SM. They should be able to reset it from the terminal or reset it to whatever it was upon server build.

Oops. I bet ya did not need "people" calling you dumb? Uncalled for.

Anyhow, put in a Ticket in Orbit. For linux, they can boot the box in to Single User mode and get you set with whatever you had in Orbit at the time. *Stuff Happens*.

I suggest putting in the ticket, wait 15 minutes, then call them if possible.
    Glenn
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Originally posted by SB-Host

Anyhow, put in a Ticket in Orbit. For linux, they can boot the box in to Single User mode and get you set with whatever you had in Orbit at the time. *Stuff Happens*.

Glenn
    They should be able to do it fairly quickly, as we've had to do it for a few clients in the past, and the datacenter's never taken too long after verifying client contact, billing, and other pertainent information.

-Josh

Originally posted by SB-Host

Glenn
    Erm, sorry but after reviewing the entire thread. I didn't see any posts saying he was dumb??

Originally posted by RaineTech
    Erm, sorry but after reviewing the entire thread. I didn't see any posts saying he was dumb??
    Just re-read your post... a few times. Then a few more. Take your nap, get some milk and cookies, then read it again. The guy made a mistake, admitted it, and asked for help, not insults.

Glenn
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet