Can't see cobalt GUI on RaQ550!

I'm able to ssh to my RaQ, and I also have webmin installed on this RaQ...which I can still access. However, I'm unable to reach the cobalt GUI...it just loads a blank page with no errors when I direct my browser there! Any ideas?
    Shane

ok, I have now read that installing PHP on a RaQ using source code screws up the admin screen. I'm now looking for a hack/fix...would greatly appreciate any suggestions or help!
    Shane

Still working on the same issue...now have this error when I try to login to cobalt GUI:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: i18n_new() in /usr/sausalito/ui/libPhp/I18n.php on line 47

any help about how to fix this would be appreciated!
    Shane

I heard that if you load a new patch it would solve the problem.
    But if not try restoring it to the defaults and remember to make the GUI load the old PHP settings this time
    ( Took me 3 reloads to get it straighten out my first time round LOL )
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Galacnet,

Thanks for the advice, I guess that's what I'll try....I messed with the configs for a while and got it down to one error...but that one's not going away I don't think.
    Shane

no problem.
    But try loading a current patch first. It worked for me once until I screwed up again
    I am not a pro but if you need help just drop me a post
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

I appreciate it! You rock! I'm out of the office until Monday...at which time this matter will again be at the forefront of my attention. There's a good chance I may end up beating my head against the wall...and then dropping you a post for help! Thanks again...
    Shane

LOL Good luck
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Hi there,

I seem to be having the same problem getting to the web GUI but on a Raq 4, but I did not install any PHP souce-wise.

I was reading your post about applying a patch first to solve the problem. May I ask how did you apply a patch if you cannot go to the admin interface to upload the pkg in the first place? (maybe I'm missing something here...)

Thanks in advance!

Do you have telnet access ?
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

I've turned off Telnet but SSH (via Putty) and SSH file transfers (via WinSCP) all still work fine.

I've doublechecked the httpd.conf file and it seems ok.

What did you have in mind?

Before that. can you connect your RaQ4 to a local network through the second connector and try logining in from there?

I got a Cobalt Command Station that refuses me login fom the first ethernet port but the second works fine.
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

The Raq is in a data center thus the second network connector isn't working nor is it set up.

I've tried to log in from 2 computers on the same subnet (255.255.255.0) and they are also on trusted ip addresses (hosts.allow) and it works from one IP address but not another.

Strange! But at least we're nearer to the solution (nice idea btw! would have taken me 2 weeks to try that out!)

yeeks....

OK anyway here is how it should be done ( The Cobalt Mailing list people refreshed my memory on this )

/usr/local/sbin/cobalt_upgrade filename.pkg

( remember to actually upload the file first )
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Oh I forgot to add... please remember to go into ROOT mode when you are in telnet

The command is "su" or if you want full linux command access it will be "su -"
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

******* IT WORKED!! YOU DA MAN galacnet!!!!!

Damn let me buy you a beer sometime. If you're in SE Asia anytime gimme a holler!!!

I AM IN SOUTH-EAST ASIA!!
    Where you from? I am in Singapore
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

******* I AM IN SINGAPORE TOO! (whoot!)

PM me your HP no. leh and letz meet up in Raffles Boat Quay, or Mhd Sultan and I will make it two jugs of beer (happy hour of course).

Tell you what SMS me now at (removed) and I will reply then I will remove the tel number when I get your SMS.
    Last edited by troff; 06-07-2004 at 03:17 AM.

OK sent better remove that number before you get some freak or prank calls
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Originally posted by galacnet
    no problem.
    But try loading a current patch first. It worked for me once until I screwed up again
    I am not a pro but if you need help just drop me a post
    Galacnet,

I'm not sure how to load the current patch without having access to the GUI! Can you talk me through this?
    Shane

OK here is the most simple and easy way to do it ( its for people like me )

Step 1 :
    Through FTP load your uninstalled package ( a .pkg )

Step 2 :
    Login to TelNet
    and then enter this

su -
    cd /the/directory/you/installed/it

"Once you are at the directory"

ls -l

"you will see the file inside"

/usr/local/sbin/cobalt_upgrade filename.pkg

"Then your server will install it "
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

simple enough...next....how do I know what patch I need?
    Shane

ermmm... well... do you have a record of what you patched and what you did not?
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

not sure, our sysadmin left several months ago...and the boss asked me to sort things out...only I know just enough Linux and networking to get me past the gate...
    Shane

Ermm... then you have to go to the installed area and "read" what is there...

Use your FTP program to do a little searching.. I forgot where it was
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

searching now....
    Shane

Galacnet, to help Shane, what if you did a console pkg update with a patch that is already there? Would it tell you that the patch is already installed?

If so, then the way to do it is to whack the patch list from the bottom going up slowly until you hit the pkgs you did not install.

Note to Shane, note that some patches need a reboot, thus you need to

/sbin/shutdown -r now

before you install the next patch or things could get funky. The patch description list will tell you which patches need a reboot.

And how would we get that list?
    I remembered that there was a location that the files are stored... just can't remember where....

The problem is that he does not remember what was installed and it could be quite a waste of time to download everything and then trial and error each and every patch.....

Anyone remembers where the patches are installed to?
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

I see two locations that may be relevant (after doing a search for a patch):

[root admin]# locate 16402

/var/lib/cobalt/uninstallers/RaQ4-All-Security-2.0.1-16402-2.0.1-16402.uninst

/var/lib/cobalt/RaQ4-All-Security-2.0.1-16402-2.0.1-16402.md5lst

Thus the two are:

/var/lib/cobalt/uninstallers/
    /var/lib/cobalt/

that MAY give you an idea of what was installed. Please do correct me if I am wrong as I too want to know where it is installed.

BTW Galacnet not sure if you know the answer to a mail problem (it's in a new post) that is a new post in this forum. If so, that's three jugs of beer I owe you

Well I think the installation is in the whole system as it patches the other features of the server.
    Sometimes the Kernel, sometimes a few security holes etc.

For a better answer you need a Cobalt Guru
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

there's no directory called "colbalt" in /var/lib/, although there is a file called that. I'm thinking about just wiping the whole box and restoring the system from disc.
    Shane

Well if there is nothing important and you need to use it to do new stuff AND you got it right beside you.
    Why not? it could solve your problems in an instant.

Or you can also download the more recent patches and just have a go at restoring.
    Play around with it and if everything fails, restore the factory defaults
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

If you're thinking about restoring the box, and want a fresh install of php 5.0.1 and mysql 4.0.20, without wrecking your GUI, check my howto

You can find it at www neomedia nl

Best of luck!