Lag between page load and image load

I'm having this problem with my recently installed Windows/apache2/php server. When I load a page the text comes fast and almost instantly, but the images on the page take a while to start loading and there is a lag between the load of a group of images and another. My site is and, you can see it for yourself.

It might have something to do with keepalive and number of connections, but I think I got it well configured:

Timeout 20
    KeepAlive On
    MaxKeepAliveRequests 5
    KeepAliveTimeout 10
    <IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
    ThreadsPerChild 200
    MaxRequestsPerChild 0

The server load is close to none and the server connection is unused, 600 Kbps upsteam.

Please help me with this issue, I don't know what to change...

New York City
    Your site looks fine to me. Since your connection is slow, and you have a lot of images, it is normal that text loads first.
    Reliable Business E-mail Hosting

Try increasing maxspareservers & minspareservers, prehaps there are not enough extra servers available that could be slowing things down. Try that then restart apache.

Thanks for your replies, it should br the connection then... Most of my visitors are on 56k or 256k ADSL so 600k upstram on the server should be enough.

About maxspareservers & minspareservers, I think that's a linux setting those don't exist on apache for windows httpd.conf...

Thanks again, people posting at wth is what makes this forum great

You may want to play around with mod_expires to add cache headers your images, .css and .js files . The loading time of your first page will not change, but subsequent pages which reuse the same files will be much faster.

If you don't add the cache headers, you're browser will have to guess if it can cache the file or not, and it may spend a little time checking with the http server to see if the graphics has changed. After adding the headers, your browser won't even check to see if the graphics has changed, it just assumes that the cache copy is up to date untill the expiry time (which you can set with mod_expires).
    ::. : Dedicated Servers : Virtual Machine Servers .::
    ::. Industry-Leading Remote Server Management .::
    ::. Automatic OS Re-image : Instant Server Reboot : Remote Serial Console .::
    ::. Over 20 OSes to choose from : Install a new OS every day .::