Question surfspeedy.com? good or bad comments please.

Hi everybody!

Im new on the forum but I about one week I read very useful comments here! I am searching for a reselling account and for now I have try 2 hosts. one helm(very great panel but windows only), the second WHM/Cpanel (I found they have lot of features but little complicated to do precise move).

I have 2 needs for this account. First I will host client site I've made and I don't give access to cpanel etc...

Second, I will do normal hosting business too.

It's just to introduce me to understand the needs!

So the question is, Do you have any good or not good comments about surfspeedy.com? I have been attracted with the billing system they provide with the second reseller plan.

Presently I try thrillhost.com and it look great...

thanks in advance for all your comments and/or advices!

Julien

Surfspeedy are offering a promo at the moment. Why not give them a test, and if you like what they offer, upgrade your account to a reseller

Hi,

I created one hosting account with them...I think they are a good host, they activated my account within 20 min and the support until now is friendly and great...

I hope so that I dont need to change again =D

Originally posted by thepixel
    I think they are a good host, they activated my account within 20 min and the support until now is friendly and great...
    make sure you grab your free month

All accounts are setup within 5 minutes of payment or you recieve 1 month of hosting for free

yes and tell us if they give it to you!

thanks for all answer, I think the best is to try it, I probably give us a try to begin.

8 minutes only to setup my account, very impressive! I will come back to the rest of the story!

have a nice day!!!

been with surfspeedy for about a week and seriously regretting it.

seem to be having a lot of time where me website is unreachable and the ip keeps timing out. not very good. seems to happen at least once a day for minimum of 15mins! and thats only the time i actually look at it so christ knows what its upto when i'm not there!

also another annoyance is that you cant use php::mail() functionality due to some restrictions they have on the server, well no thats a lie, i can manage to email my own domain but it refuses to accept any domain that isnt my own and returns to sender, highly annoying!

I agree with what LeeR said.
    I have been with surfspeedy for a week now and my website is constantly unreachable. And everytime I am chatting with technical support there is someone working on "that" specific server bugger!
    Even their website is being unreachable sometimes, I thought they'd have run off with my money... (but then I remembered, oh! I haven't payed yet, I am only paying $1 for the initial 3months of hosting) Probably they're overselling.
    If only surfspeedy servers were so prompt as their technical support, I would've recommended you to register with them 100%
    Last edited by cottonbuds; 05-31-2004 at 06:51 AM.

9. I am using them for few of my sites. I didnt have any problem with server uptime or anything. Everything is perfect, very dependable company.
    BannersMall.com - Banner Design
    Custom Twitter Backgrounds and Facebook Fan Pages - CraftSocialMedia.com

I was chatting with someone on IRC about a week ago, he said me that their servers was so bad.

Finally I regret it too, I will switch! I have try it one week and it's enought, they have setup me an account but they allocated me all the quotato my main account and he tell me that is like that. It's really confused, also I have be obligated to ask lot of time to have alll the features enable. they have good live support but some person are confused to answer correctly.

Conclusion: For the price, he doesn't look great. Good support, but poor setup and some problem with hardware. Plan are not enought flexibility. I will go with one at thrillhost and one at hostgator!

thanks to everybody!

LeeR/cottonbuds,

Please post or pm me your sites. I would like to follow-up with the support team on this.

On the phpmail I know that we are not limiting it and it should work for you.

As for the 15 minute outages, I would like to follow up with the support team on that as well. I would have hundreds of emails a day just for the server you were on if sites were unreachable as outlined.

Same goes for the main site. I have zero unscheduled downtime noted for it.

Please feel free to post times that it was unreachable and the locale that you are coming from.

As for the server overselling statement: We keep the load on the servers below 1.00 and move sites accordingly so that it is maintained.

Regarding the comment "And everytime I am chatting with technical support there is someone working on "that" specific server bugger!" Please pm the support reps name(s) as I would like to see why they gave you a "blanket" statement.

Thanks,
    Steve

Atome,

Are you under a reseller account? All non-reseller accounts only have one control panel and thus all features are allocated to that account.

As for the features, please pm me on what was confusing. I’ll have the development team update the documentation to clarify this as all features are enabled by default (i am guessing you are referring to the fantastic add-on scripts which are kind of hidden at the moment).

-Steve

Shoey-

Do you happen to know the url for the person who didn't like the services?

Our customer satisfaction and retention has been quite high and as such we decided to launch the promo.

We have found however adult/spam/warez sites are attempting to take advantage of this even though we strictly forbid them (noted in the TOS and FAQ). They seem to be the ones who are unhappy when their sites are shut down and then they do the most complaining…

-Sammy
    Last edited by Steve-SurfSpeedy; 05-31-2004 at 08:54 AM.

Well, I'm satisfied a lot with the customer support. They always reply to me with a professional manner. And recently I have requested to enable a module for my php on my account they did that almost immediately. I'm dissapointed though when my web page is unreachable

And their name server page made me feel a bit confused.
    ns11 dot surfspeedy dot com
    Last edited by cottonbuds; 05-31-2004 at 09:02 AM.

No idea about his website. I am going to buy an account from surfspeedy. I will see how are your services good or bad.

Cottonbud,

I understand regarding the nameservers. There are multiple due to the fact that we have 3 different hosting platforms; we have kept it this way to keep the subdomain propagation delay to a minimum.

Please submit a ticket when you are unable to get to the site. The staff will review the logs and investigate why you are seeing this.

Steve-SurfSpeedy-

It's been a misunderstanding. I haven't got any problems with the name server just the name server page.

Type (ns11 dot surfspeedy dot com) at your browser address bar and see what's showing on your browser page.

WARNING THE ABOVE LINK IS ADULT MATERIAL.
    Last edited by XTStrike; 05-31-2004 at 09:55 AM.

Originally posted by cottonbuds
    Steve-SurfSpeedy-

It's been a misunderstanding. I haven't got any problems with the name server just the name server page.

Type (ns11 dot surfspeedy dot com) at your browser address bar and see what's showing on your browser page.
    I think you should put a warning or 18+ under the link before someone goes there.
    █• CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    █• LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    █• HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    █• We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Hi Steve-SurfSpeedy,

I have a reseller account but some people are confuse about that at surfspeedy. The features I talk is modify an account, suspend an account, etc... in WHM. The support have activated for me with 2 or 3 demands. But what is very confused for me is that I don't see my allocated space, my main account have the total space allocated and when I create a new account it increase over my allocated space. (to be clear my main have 8000 allocated and other aver 250 so 8250! It's sound curious to me)

The support have try another setup and now I see unlimited space to my main account and they have now a clustered setting on another server... It's not what I want because I want to know what I can allocated and how many space I take. When I create an account I cannot see the Account Resource Limits table now!

Also the first reason for I give you a try is for your automatic account creation/billing system and it's the second time I talk or I make a demand on that.... I have no setup ready yet from the last week.

So for me I have enought reason to be unsatisfied as is already enought tought to setup my company, I have talk to support and they continu to tell me this setup is normal...

I have 2 other reseller account and it's not like that, so now if you have an explication I will ready to listen.

thanks in advance for your answer!

steve-surfspeedy,

i dont seem to beable to send private messages for some reason? can you PM me your email address and i'll get intouch with you with my details

lee

Atome,

Please create a support ticket and i will review it with the staff.

I go through it with them and make sure that everything is addressed today. I'll also go through your prior tickets and try to identify why it was not escalated for you.

Lee,

I get the rror "The user you are sending a private message to does not have enough posts to read it. Please wait a few days and try again once they have enough posts."

Please submit a ticket at: www.surfspeedy.com/support and i will contact you directly.

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve-SurfSpeedy

YVC-80653 <--- ticket number

Hi Steve-SurfSpeedy,

I have post my ticket! I wait alll the explanations.

thanks in advance!

Well thats my problem with SurfSpeedy resolved!!! As per usual the help is top notch. I think it was the problem I was experiencing wasn't something something common so was overlooked first time around. But second time, its all sorted.

Support is really great, any little quirk I've had has been sorted quickly and friendly! would recommend, plus the features seem to beat any other host hands down for the price!

Im not sure again about the setup, member from surfspeedy, can you light me up?

If you have an account with 8000meg of quotas, do your main account have all the 8000meg? I have wait 2 days for a repairing and now I think my demand goes in the wind.... I find the bluetrix skin very great and think they have great server, but now I am so desesparated for my account setup...

If someone can answer me I will appreciate it,

thanks

Atome,

I am awaiting reply to your support ticket "MQM-11980".

Thanks,
    Steve

Thumbs up surfspeedy

We recenlty signedup with surfspeedy, and we should say that they are good, their customer support both on phone and online is excellent, and we recommend surfspeedy.

Steve, I hope that you should start offering windows hosting as well ?

keep up the good work
    Last edited by aitshosting; 06-04-2004 at 06:21 AM.

Here is my update:

Finally SurfSpeedy are very great hosting company,
    the support do very lot for me and all is ok now!

Thank you steve to have reverse the situation!

Thank you very much for all gain and have a nice day!

Maybe they choked on all the new sign ups resulting from the promo. You guys should give report in a month or so.
    Quentin Moore - TechRanker.net (Site re-launch coming soon)
    Best Tech Gadget Reviews | Mobile App Reviews | Comparison Charts
    Admin @ TechRanker.net | @ TechRanker | TechRanker.net

Ok I will update my experience later, but for now it's a good start...

So See ya later!

I just tryed viewing the page and it was going slow

Hey, as per my experience , SurfSpeedy is Really FAST. Never had a problem with them.
    Helpdesk : Sir, you need to add 10GB space to your HD , Customer : Could you please tell where I can download that?

Originally posted by Dexxa
    I just tryed viewing the page and it was going slow

Thanks for the feedback; it’s always good to know what the visitors are experiencing.

Can you let us know where are you coming from. I pulled a spotcheck from alertra and here's what i got:

Spotcheck Results for www.surfspeedy.com
    Time (US/Eastern) Checked From Result KBytes Secs Kbps
    06/10/2004 18:14:30 London UK OK 17.1 0.97 144.87
    06/10/2004 18:14:31 Hong Kong CHINA OK 17.1 1.69 82.64
    06/10/2004 18:14:29 Oklahoma City USA OK 17.1 0.55 252.59
    06/10/2004 18:14:30 Las Vegas USA OK 17.1 0.46 301.64
    06/10/2004 18:14:31 Frankfurt GERMANY OK 17.1 1.08 129.75
    06/10/2004 18:14:29 Chicago USA OK 17.1 0.32 444.07

Thanks,
    Steve

And by the way, nice plans Steave ! I am going to buy one for free offer you are running. And surfspeedy's support really Rocks. I think they have a lot of techis always ready for any digital war. hehe.

Regards.
    Helpdesk : Sir, you need to add 10GB space to your HD , Customer : Could you please tell where I can download that?

It may be hard to believe, but I have been with Surfspeedy for about 4 months, and my experience has been awesome! Very good and fast answers to my trouble tickets.