Thread: Newista

Newista

I was wondering if anyone has any direct experience with NEWISTA? I'm liking how low their prices are, but when I do a search here on the forums for NEWISTA, almost everything I get is from a person who apparently works there advertising their plans and rates.

The long and short of it, I'm tempted to give them a try, but the whole lack of hearing ~anything~ about them, outside of what's said by someone who is involved with the company, makes me a little nervous.

It might just be I'm a little paranoid after just barely missing getting caught in the whole Endore mess, but it looks like I might be loosing the free hosting a friend had set me up with when I moved from Endore. However, I've also been spoiled and I'm used to getting a lot more space and a lot more features for a lower price than most hosts seem to offer with cpanel.

You mean www.newista.com? I could not find any contact info./ph. no. or address on there site Contact Us - http://www.newista.com/helpdesk.html.
    Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Yeah, that's them. They did respond fairly quickly to my support ticket asking them about some details they didn't outline on their site, so it seems that they're good about getting back to people.

However, I'm still looking to find someone who is, or has been, hosted by them. Just to get an idea about if they hold to their uptime claim or if they have to comp people frequently, if everything fuctions correctly on their servers, and if something goes wrong, do they fix it quickly?

At any rate, anyone actually use them?

http://whois.sc/newista.com

The domain was registered about a year ago so they're not very new to this hosting thing. They are from Turkey, or so it seems. Some might shy away from that, but at least they're not putting BS contact information in there.

Good luck!

Good Luck DeathKitten,
    Before you start sending them payments, try another round of emails at a different time of day and week. Also I recommend starting out on a monthly plan(Case you don't like), then if you really like them go for the year long plan to save money.
    Remember, you do get what you pay for...
    Brad
    www.buyourwebhosting.com
    AIM Screen Name - buyourweb
    More power than a web site needs - xController cPanel theme and Fantastico

Good points buyourweb
    Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions. I'm still slightly worried on for a couple reasons, but overall, I may give them a try. I'm not in a rush to start paying for my hosting again... and my friend currently hosting me doesn't have to boot me off the server he has me on yet. So yeah, I'll probably not be trying them yet.

I'll share the reasons I am hesitant to try this company though: First of all, no one here has said anything about them from direct experience without being connected to the company. Second of all, the person connected to the company running around on the board here doesn't seem to have a very strong grasp of the english language, to the point where I usually can not understand his posts. This worries me for tech support reasons, but the person in their tech support area I got a responce from was no problem to understand, so perhaps the person on the board here is not an indication of what I'd deal with if I had any troubles on their server and had to ask for help.

If anyone has any thoughts on either worry, please let me know your thoughts on it. Otherwise, I'm still waiting to see if anyone here has tried hosting their site through this company yet.