Mambo vs PostNuke

Has anyone had any experience with the two CMS? What is your preference and why?

I have been using both of them to build a few different sites. I really like the look and feel to Mambo Server. PostNuke seems to do a few more things and has a lot more users and themes. Mambo Server also has a few problems with the admin password area, hopefully there is a fix in 4.6. If you have Fantastico with your cPanel it is very easy to try each CMS out.
    Brad
    www.buyourwebhosting.com
    AIM Screen Name - buyourweb
    More power than a web site needs - xController cPanel theme and Fantastico

PostNuke is better as buyourweb mentioned for there are a lot more upgrades and such that you can get to improve your site later on unlike with most content managment systems.

it depends on what kind of website are u going to build.

Positive:

Postnuke: is easy in operation, and nice content managment. Mambo: has a nice work flow system. and it's really stable.

Negative:
    Postnuke: poor coding maintenance ability. not so stable. lots of bugs.
    Mambo: N/A. not experienced yet.

and here is a review on all kinds of CMS : http://biz-whiz.com/article225.html take a look although, it's not SO right.

and now i choose zope/plone, which i believe should be a great CMS.

I currently use both and find postnuke much more adaptable but I much prefer th ease of administrating the Mambo site, so simple, so easy.

It depends on your needs, ease of use then Mambo, lots of features Postnuke.

Mambo has more and more features available as the days go past. Horses for courses.

Mambo has my vote. I have used postnuke in the past BTW, but now I would only use Mambo.
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

Mambo has my vote. I have used postnuke in the past BTW, but now I would only use Mambo.
    badbaker.com
    I would also only use and recommend Mambo but it always logs me off when I don't want it too. Also sometimes I have a hard time loggin into my admin account. I have done everything that has been talked about to fixed this. Have you found the fix around this? I know it is a common problem and they are working on fixing it in 4.6 but what till then.
    Brad
    www.buyourwebhosting.com
    AIM Screen Name - buyourweb
    More power than a web site needs - xController cPanel theme and Fantastico

Never seen any issues like that. Have you asked about it over at www.mambers.com ?

4.6 Should be out within a few weeks/month.
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

I'm looking for a system that is easy to manipulate and change layout. The last thing I want is a cms that is too rigid. Does it sounds like PostNuke is the way to go?

try xoops. maybe a way as well: www.xoops.org

i say nither, phpnuke is the way to go, has phpbb2 installed and has has the whole 9 yrds