Home Town Hosting

Has anyone had expirence with the company? Your thoughts?

Not personally, but they are represented here on WHT by the member hometownhosting.

I know. I want opinions by people who use them. I talked to them already (hometownhosting)

I've been using them for a month and a bit now (I think). So far they've been great. Kept me up to date on all my requests.

i also have a hosting account with them for about 2 months and got nothing but praises. Prices are unbeatable, support is super fast, and staff is unbelivably nice. Overall i give them two thumbs up!!

hometownhosting ------------------------>

I am considering signing up with Home Town, and although the comments in this thread look positive, I thought I might bump it and see if anyone has anything to ad. Anyone?

well I did decide to go with them. I have been very pleased so far. no complaints

I have never used them but they look like a backyard host.
    Why do I say that?

It looks like they use paypal & paysystems for cc processing.
    Most real companies use their own merchant accounts etc.
    Also its obvious they resell superb :-)
    I have had bad experiences with superb.

Check out reliable & reputable companies like atlantic.net & digitalinet.com

Good luck.

Originally posted by mjdawnson
    Why do I say that?

Good luck.

Well I don't usually like stepping into threads about my company but when unfounded comments are made I think it is ok to.

The reason for using paypal and paysystems is fairly simple. First paypal is by FAR the most used payment choice of our customers. Well over 90%. The reason for choosing paysystems is that we are based in Canada and it isn't as easy to get a merchant account here as it is in the United States.

SuperbServers has been awesome for us thus far and because of a bad experience by yourself doesn't necessarily mean everyone will have a bad experience with them and for any issues we have had including a problem with a power supply they changed it less then 15 minutes - show me another company that can do this.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that but I do not appreciate unfounded comments being made. Thanks.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Why should people go to you when they can go directly to superb ?

Well let's see,

different staff, different people, different business practices, different prices, different plans, different support, different software (helpdesk, etc.), different rules, different service in general....

The list goes on....
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

One of the biggest and best reasons in going to a reseller is the presence of a more 'personal' host. Generally speaking, prices are fairly competitive but the edge many resellers offer is the simple fact that they are smaller and can offer more time for each client. Because each client is also much more important to them, support is generally better as well. This is usually, but not always the case of course. I have no experience with this company, but wanted to make that point clear in defense of resellers.

Why are you so critical about hosts who cut costs in order to deliver better service? You want them to create there own control panel and you want them to get thier own merchant account. These are not required at all. I actually like people using payment gateways because it gives me one more way to solve billing problems if the host won't listen. I got my money refunded by someone who was using a payment gateway by contacting the gateway itself. I would also rather the compant NOT have a proprietary control panel. This has turned me away from many companies in the past. You recommend atlantic.net, but then in another post you talk about how unlimited bandwidth is bogus? I agree unlimited doesn't exist, but why recommend atlantic.net? You also recommend digitalinet.com, never heard of them, but they must be great because you have recommended them 11 times already today.

Ok I'm done, sorry. It just bugs me that you are telling people that reselling, using popular control panels, and using a payment gateway are all unprofessional.

digitalinet must really think they're something eh?

They boast having 2 datacenters with all of the latest and greatest in networking technology....and yet....sadly they offer no contact information.

What? No head office address? And they run 1....no 2 datacenters

Anyway...back to the topic at hand!

Experiences with Home Town Hosting....
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

i want to clarify that we resell superb servers and we are not reselling the hosting. We have our own dedicated servers at superbservers with full control over the server.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

. . . Most real companies use their own merchant accounts etc.
    HTTPme used Paysystems and we processed more than 12,000 separate transactions through them. Merchant accounts don't suit every host out there.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Same could have been said for HTTPme, as they use NAC's facilities for their colocated servers etc. NAC offer hosting plans as such, but not the same as HTTPme. NAC are the supplier to HTTPme and HTTPme supply their clients, the same as Superbservers supply hometownhosting and hometownhosting supply their clients.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Just because a host doesn't have a merchant account doesn't mean they don't provide great service/support/uptime. We started hosting a few months ago and I am using 2CheckOut. That doesn't mean that we are not professional at what we do. Most of our clients are local and pay in cash anyway.

This guy looks like all he does is drink eat and dream about this website (Digitalinet). Do a search on his user name. 99.99% of his posts mention this website. It's obvious he is more than a "satisfied client". He tries to make every other host look small compared to his host.

He doesn't event get his facts straight about which hosting plan he has.

DATE: 05-29-2004 02:05 PM
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...02#post2148702
    I pay $10 a month for 20 gigs of data transfer & 800 mb of space from Digitalinet

DATE: 05-31-2004 01:59 PM
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...22#post2154622
    $6 a month for 600 megs of space & 10 gigs of bandwidth etc...

I guess he switched plans because the topic starter was asking for $10 /month hosting.

Any good hosting for $10/month provide quality server and plan? Please suggest by your experience!
    All if you ask me.

Hi all,
    Well, very interesting thread. Nice t hear that home town is growing and getting talked out like this!

After reading this thread and a combination of other things i have desided to go with Home Town Hosting for hosting!

one of the reasons for thsi is because i regard greg as a genuinly nice guy and i think this is always good, hes always there if anything does go wrong i know this because i have been talking to him for over a week about what the can offer etc etc.

I dont know what else to say exept i regard the name Home Town hosting a very reputable one that i woudl eb glad to recommend people to go with.

Killian
    Note: Not all teens are the same and should not be generalised.

I've known Greg for a while now. He's definately got his head on straight, and truly cares about his customers.
    Joe
    http://www.allin1websolutions.com
    All in 1 Web Solutions LLC

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    HTTPme used Paysystems and we processed more than 12,000 separate transactions through them. Merchant accounts don't suit every host out there.
    The exact the example I thought of when I read this thread.

Bob must have payed off some of Paysystems start up loans.

I'm taking a look at hometown hosting...only thing negitive I have seen is some broken(or wrong links) on their site...but they are HOSTS not web designers
    [

Dam you people don't like me...
    I was just recommending host(s)
    I mentioned atlantic.net & digitalinet.com

Don't kill me for it!

Originally posted by spitfires

I'm taking a look at hometown hosting...only thing negitive I have seen is some broken(or wrong links) on their site...but they are HOSTS not web designers
    We have someone hired now to fix that.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Originally posted by hometownhosting
    We have someone hired now to fix that.
    Thats kinda funny that they have to hire some one to fix links on their website. I can be an *** too :-)

I'm the person they've hired and its not just links I'll be fixing I'll be doing a lot more.

Thats kinda funny that they have to hire some one to fix links on their website. I can be an *** too :-)

Why is it funny? We don't presently offer website design nor do we claim to be designers. We are a hosting company...

Jeanco does awesome work and will be upgrading our current design to make it more user friendly.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I've been with hometown hosting for a few weeks so just thought i'd give my initial impression.

Their servers and features seem to work fine, better than another company I host with.

I spent quite a while looking for a decent reseller host with similar prices and home town's prices are definately good.

I've had no problems with support, all emails have been answered timely and i've just had my first online conversation with support and they were very nice and solved my problem quickly.

Although i havent been with them long so far I would give them a thumbs up and recommend them to anyone.
    I tried signing my name with my mouse but it didn't work...............

Why do I say that?

Good luck.
    I've never dealt with HomeTownHosting before, nor have I ever spoken with anyone there. I am in NO WAY defending them, but your comments are stupid, unchallenged and immature.

You call HTH a backyard host, because they use paypal and paysystems? Well, if that is the case then 99% of hosting companies are backyard hosts.

You say REAL companies use their own merchant accounts? Well, there must not be any real companies then. I know from experience that a LARGE majority of hosting companies use both paypal and paysystems. In fact, every hosting company I have ever come into contact with use one of those, if not both.

And what is your lust with atlantic.net and digitalinet.com? All you ever seem to do is recommend one of those 2.

You should get your facts more straight before blurting stuff out.

Just My $0.02

Personaly i like the fact that hosts like hth use paypal etc because it shows they are using what the customers use, i bet if they didnt have paypal then many of their clients wouldn have signed up.

Killian
    Note: Not all teens are the same and should not be generalised.

I need some diversification and looking for a host that has RVskin for Cpanel installed. Does HTH have it?

Yes, I believe there is a member hometownhosting on wht who works for them. I have had no experience with them but I usually here about awful hosts

Presently we do not have RVSkins however they are in future plans. We do have Fantastico if that helps any.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I think MJDawnson is a kid failing badly at an attempt to communicate in an adult world.

Know it all about everything with facts from nothing!

Paypal is used by Ebay. Would you call them backyard? Geez!

HTH Rocks!
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

As far as I read around, HomeTownHosting is one of the rear hosts that never got any negative review. I suppose Greg is the reason nr. 1 for that !

I'm looking very close how things are going with those guys and can see them growing in really big host in the next few years - just hope Greg would find some time for good sleep .

Who needs sleep?
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Gee what a nice guy. If I could get 4 or 5 of you to catch an extra hour of sleep every night I would be set.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof