Thumbs down PerlBill No Good.

I've pretty much had it with perlbill.
    As a hosting corporation just starting up, we need to use our money wisely.

Perlbill has to have been our worst investment.

We use authorize.net as our merchants account. Also use paypal. At first paypal was giving us a hard time so we left support tickets what went unanswered for about a day and a half.

Eventually I ended up asking someone else for help on their forum.

Second case:
    After trying to setup Authorize.net to store credit card numbers, perlbill locked up completely.

I sent a ticket, low and behold a day later they say they have it fixed, didnt even bother to close the ticket but DELETE it, and now I dont even have authorize.net as a feature.

I am asking for a refund as we speak but I don't know how that would go.

Now am I being a bit rash. I do not how everyone else feels but if a billing client does not work and I have to wait for 1-2 days for it to actually get 1 response, that gets me very fustrated. Especially for a new business like ours. Time is critical and they are wasting ours.
    Sang P. Ma
    President/VizHost.Com, Inc.
    http://www.vizhost.com

Still no reply from perlbill.

I wonder when this would all end. =P

If anything, I think im just going to stick with modernbill.
    Sang P. Ma
    President/VizHost.Com, Inc.
    http://www.vizhost.com

perlbill is a good software as you can see it's in the market for a few years and lots of hosts are still using it.

it's your problem that you don't know how to configure online payment gateway. please check your configuration file.

anyway, i doubt you can get a refund from john as i've tried b4.

perbill is nice but little bit expensive and hard to be customised
    I like more the whmautopilot

I found Perlbill somewhat buggy and not what I needed. Only afterwards did I see that the license is non transferrable, or I doubt I would have bought. I also tried for a refund long ago, without success.
    He's launching a new product now (Logicbill), and offering a pittance for Perlbill users willing to surrender their license to switch. Based on past experience and lack of support, no chance I'll bite.

WHM AutoPilot is much easier to setup while ModernBill has great features. I would certainly recommend WHM AP if you had trouble/errors installing PerlBill.

Good luck trying to get a refund
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

We started out using the free version of perldeask and had a few bugs but it was free and the best of many we had tried.

Anyway just before the new year we purchaesd a Perldesk licence and a Perlbill licence for another project, both were supposed to have new versions released in Jan.

Nearly 6 months down the line the support sucks, the releases have still not happened, though they have just released v2 RC1 of Perldesk that i installed last night and will see how many bugs we can spot.

We are just about to lanuch a new site and have chosen to use Modernbill and Kayako and am very impressed with both, we also plan to move our existing help desk to Kayako shortly.

The Kayako products sound great when they can integrate with MB. Please keep us updated on your status strongbow.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH