View Poll Results: Vote for the next WHT Meeting city!

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Montreal

31 40.79%
  • Ottawa

4 5.26%
  • Toronto

41 53.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Vote for the next WHT Meeting city!

Ladies and gentlemen,

A few weeks ago I mentioned it would be nice to organize another WHT get-together event and break the records we got so far from two events in Montreal and Toronto both this year.

So, the perfect timing for it could be the very very end of August 2004. It is beautiful and warm outside, and most people are in town.

But first we have to decide on which city is going to be the next host for the WHT Meeting event.

Candidates include: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto.

Please vote and take into consideration strategic location to other large cities in and the number of members who live in those cities.

Information on previous events may be found at:

Montreal 2004:
    http://www.toumanov.com/wht.htm
    http://www.demodemo.com/montreal/

Toronto 2004:
    http://www.whtaholics.org/gallery/

PS: Vito, I bank on your involvement with organization of this event as well. Won't be the same without you.

Best,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Phoenix Arizona!!

Okay, it was worth a shot.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

How about the great north west? Seattle? There is Microsoft, Amazon, Valve Software (Half Life), The Space Needle, baseball/football, Mount Rainer...

A friend of mine will be in Phoenix June 3rd-June 9th..
    Last edited by RDX1; 05-24-2004 at 08:30 PM.
    Don't look for a way out.

Ottawa!
    Note: If people decide to do it in ottawa we might want to consider e-mailing monitor about it (could get mentioned in the events list)

Toronto! Then I can get to it.

Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto Toronto

·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

ok - I will come to one of these - never been to canada.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Why not do a meeting somewhere else other than cities where people have already met? I, too, would be much more likely to go to an event on the west coast.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

Since i'm not allowed in canada....have it in NYC

Even though I'm 5 hours from NYC. I'd like to go there for a WTH meeting lol. Maybe Albany NY?

Guys, to everyone who suggested different cities - I understand you, but we cannot cover it all. So if someone wants to organize an event on west coast - please just do so. But for those who reside in the area of the three cities above (east coast) - it is of more convenience since we know the cities and can make an event actually happen here.

The cities were set, because if they weren't - we'd go nowhere. I hope you guys understand.

Anyway, for me personally it would be expensive to go to Toronto or Ottawa for a day, but I don't mind because its cheaper than flying to west coast.

Best,

Montreal

I live near Toronto and would like to see Montreal so lets have it there! Make it for after the summer when i've got my new car than I don't need to fly :p

Originally posted by Artashes
    Guys, to everyone who suggested different cities - I understand you, but we cannot cover it all. So if someone wants to organize an event on west coast - please just do so. But for those who reside in the area of the three cities above (east coast) - it is of more convenience since we know the cities and can make an event actually happen here.

The cities were set, because if they weren't - we'd go nowhere. I hope you guys understand.

Anyway, for me personally it would be expensive to go to Toronto or Ottawa for a day, but I don't mind because its cheaper than flying to west coast.

Best,
    Ya, I know, just giving you a hard time .
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

So I noticed Robert, so I noticed...

Toronto.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Artashes, Vito and James seen your pics first time. If it is Montreal I have a chance to meet you too There is one out the way question, do you have any plan to do some thing in My Country India

Originally posted by siplnettech
    Artashes, Vito and James seen your pics first time. If it is Montreal I have a chance to meet you too There is one out the way question, do you have any plan to do some thing in My Country India
    Are you coming down to Montreal? When? If the very end of summer that would be terrific - you can join us!

As for your question - if you fly us there, sure, why not?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have plan to visit there in Augast. You are welcome here as there is huge potential too I have a strong relation in Govt. here and lot of things can be done if there is any proposal. We can also organize some promotional things, like seminars, meetings, public awareness campaigns etc. To be very frank I can not afford Flying U, but I can organize something good if you have some plans out here in India. This year lot of big giants have came to India and opening there Development center, BPO, Call centers etc, as our country has a huge qualified manpower resource.

It is just my 2C

Regards

Arun

I voted Montreal because of the nominated cities it's the one I'd most want to visit -- having attended high school for a while in Montreal-Nord (and being named by the local mayor as an honorary citizen!).

I live in NY, so I'd love to see something happen here. But the fact is that the Canadian contingent has done great job of organizing these things. If someone wants an event to happen in a city that's not listed here, they have to step up and organize it!
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I'm here, Artashes.

I selfishly voted Toronto, but to be honest I am happy to cater to the popular vote. I doubt Ottawa will be in the running. By comparison, not many WHTers live there, and it's not as easily accessible as Montreal or Toronto.

As for the requests to hold it in "other" locations, Artashes is correct. That will pretty much be up to the initiative of people who live in those areas to organize their own summit. All we can do is concentrate on our own local events.

Late August sounds like a good time. It's just before school starts, most families have already returned from any summer vacations, and the weather is nice (except for the mosquitos).

Hey, we could always hold it in my backyard - I have the Mosquito Magnet running already, so the little critters will be non existent.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

What's with all the Eastern Canadian cities!

The west is once again alienated from the rest of Canada. Well, there isn't as many people here, oh well, at least the hockey is better here.

Kuwait
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

interneat, you have tons of members in your neck of the woods. You simply have to get off your collective a$$es and organize something.

You don't really expect someone from Montreal or Toronto to do the organizing of a Vancouver meeting, do you?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Vito you looked totally different than the image i have for you in my imagination
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast