System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

Hi,

Some of the users are getting below error messages :

Server Error in '/internal' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find a part of the path "C:\".
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\".

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\".]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +287
    System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +489
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +85

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to create temporary files directory 'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\internal\4bbe1641\2e2dc61a'. Access denied.]
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +144
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +97
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetPreservedAssemblyEntry(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile) +29
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFromPreservedCompilation() +91
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +148
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +168
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context) +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

I have set full permission to the temp directory in the asp.net folder.

Any advice?

Andy

Hi,

I also come up with such problem. And my only stupid solution is to make an external php program, and i call it using webclient object. the php program will create the dir, without bothering the "X:\". I know it is a stupid and non effective solution, but at least it works... well... I hope if any people got a better solution.

BTW, I have tried to create a Dll using C (well, pure C), and then import it to the ASP.net. It seems ASP.net web application ignores those imports..