Thread: Gay marriage

Gay marriage

I know this topic is a bit old, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought of gays getting married.

As you all know, Massachussetts has allowed Mass. homosexual citizens to get married for the past week or so, which is very controversial among conservative family groups and gay rights groups.

Even Bush has something to say about it (unsurprisingly):

Taken from this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/....gay.marriage/

Bush said it is "important for society to welcome each individual," but administration lawyers are looking for some way to legally limit marriage to heterosexuals.

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, and I think we ought to codify that one way or another," Bush told reporters at a White House news conference. "And we've got lawyers looking at the best way to do that."
    What do you guys think about homosexuals getting married?

One even journalistic bias is evident in The Washington Times, whose headline I saw while walking by a newspaper dispenser last week: "Homosexuals 'Marry' in Massachussetts". Is this biased or what?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Gay marriage

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    What do you guys think about homosexuals getting married?
    I think it's none of my business what other people do or do not do. Isn't it great to live in a free country?
      0 Not allowed!

I think it's none of my business what other people do or do not do. Isn't it great to live in a free country?
    I agree, I guess it just sort of disturbs those Americans who are still catching up in our new generation of society, and who can't quite grasp the concept of homosexual marriage. When I first heard about it, I'll admit I was a bit surprised, but I think it has to come as society progresses and changes.
      0 Not allowed!

Saved me the trouble, Pilgrim. Was about to say the very same thing. Let them be...
      0 Not allowed!