Selling Dial up Internet / hosting / Domains

Just wondering what you combine with selling hosting?

I only sell hosting. Mostly because a reseller deposit for domains is to costly and probably wont pay for it self. almost all my clients already have a domain name and are just looking for better service/support so they come to me.

I thought about selling dialup service but dont know anything
    about it...
    I also thought about just selling a link on my site for both
    dialup and domain names.

d00t

if you can make websites, sell them?

Not all domain reseller accounts need huge startup deposits, only ones with extremely low cost prices and unless you are selling hundreds of domains a year they are not much of a benefit anyway.

enom $8.95 reseller accounts - Free
    DirectI $6.99 reseller accounts - $75 deposit

Just a couple of examples, domain registration is a good service to add for your customers, but approach it as just that, an added service. Don't expect to make huge profits from it.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Originally posted by stevo_g2
    if you can make websites, sell them?
    I do make them for some but not many.
    most like the thought of doing it themselfs then call when
    it gets messy.

d00t

I am going to be entering the market of reselling dialup internet service this summer. I'll be handling their hosting and email, and will resell from cari.net. Looks like they're fairly reliable, and they've gotten a few good reviews.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

One thing to be consider about reselling dialup service is that the tech support demand is a lot different than it is for web hosting. For one thing, while the majority of people running websites have some idea what they're doing, depending on how wide you cast your marketing net you could end up with a bunch of people who don't -- for example, those who've never had internet access before, or who have only used aol.

On top of that, while in hosting you really only have to support whatever operating system your servers are running, with dialup you'll get users with all of the old Windows versions, Mac users, linux users -- all of whom will expect you to be able to answer their questions and solve their connection problems.

And, unlike hosting support, you can't rely on a help desk, IM, or email. When people need to get in touch with you, it's because they can't get online. They'll expect phone support.

Certainly there are ways to deal with all of these points, so it can be done. I'm just advising anyone who wants to get into selling dialup to be sure to consider these aspects.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Moved to RWHB

Usually if a client requests a domain, we go buy one and charge them a dollar more. It's like being the middle man, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you don't get a lot of domain requests, just do it this way and save your money.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604