HDD upgrade for personal XP machine

Well, I've bought this monster 250GB HDD for my home system and then thought.... hell, whatabout my Windoze XP? Is their any way I can copy it w/o reinstalling and w/o activation? Additional programs, anything at all I'll better know BEFORE I'll do anything with my system? Thanxxx to all...

I'm not exactly sure here since I use linux for the most part, but you could use Norton Ghost to copy your current drive to the 2nd drive?

Someone correct me if Im wrong, and I probably am.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Yeah, Gosting it is what I would suggest as well.
    Administrator & Webmaster:
    MegaGames
    MegaGames Forum

I found Ghost was unhappy with my X pro install and went with Drive Image instead. Same company now owns both...Symantec. DI works great, and can image the drive from within Windows.

Thanxxx to all!!

Hm... Can both of them transfer system disks as well? As far as I'm aware xp isn't very friendly when it comes to it's cloning...
    Last edited by Stan Marsh; 05-24-2004 at 03:40 PM.

As long as the hardware hasn't appreciably changed (apart from the one drive), it shouldn't matter. I've done this with Xp before.
    With a new install, I set up the way I want, load my core applications (Dreamweaver, Office, Image editors, etc.), then image the drive. If I need to reinstall to start over just load the image. Data is kept on another drive..