This how-to will not replicate TLG's How-To on installing a Shoutcast Server. Rather this focuses on those who do not wish to broadcast from a remote location and would rather have the server play Mp3 located on the same server based on a playlist. TLG How-To is found here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=227645
Please make sure you go through the above thread first
do that first before you continue with this section. I will assume you have created a user just for running shoutcast (and isn't doing it from root) and you are currently running as that user. I will also assume you have already configured your shoutcast server (with passwords and so on).
Follow the steps:
1. Download: http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/...s_posix_040.tgz
tar -zvxf sc_trans_posix_040.tgz
Make sure that the config file points to the Playlist file you are going to generate in step 4. You need to configure these configuration variables:
- ServerIP: This is the IP of your Shoutcast server which is probably the same server.
- ServerPort: Port 8000 is default
- Password: This is the password that you enter in the Shoutcast server configuration
- Bitrate: Depending on your radio, you can tweak the bitrate here
- The rest are fine default.
4. Create a playlist based on mp3s on the server:
find /path/to/mp3/directory -type f -name "*.mp3" > playlist.lst
5. Start your Shoutcast server
nohup ./sc_serv &
nohup and & is not compulsory but is nice to have. Nohup outputs to a log file and & runs the process in the background and returns you to shell.
6. Start your broadcast
nohup ./sc_trans_linux &
It should now be playing. Access your server by going to http://serverip:8000/listen.pls
or if there's an URL on that IP, you can use the URL as well.
If there's any questions, feel free to ask.