Thread: hSphere

hSphere

Anybody have anything to say about using HSphere? I am looking for a reseller account, and came accross a few with HSphere which lets you sell both windows and linux. Has built in customer billing and support tickets..

I have never used it other than in the demo mode. Loks pretty cool to me. Is this new? Is it buggy?

Any HSphere hosts recommendations?

Thanks
    Dave

Dave,

Hsphere is an excellent system for hosting automation. If you do a search for Hsphere here you will see several threads about this system.

Here is a thread I found:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...+control+panel
    Last edited by radv; 05-24-2004 at 01:05 PM.
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

Re: hSphere

Originally posted by denzoforums
    Anybody have anything to say about using HSphere? I am looking for a reseller account, and came accross a few with HSphere which lets you sell both windows and linux. Has built in customer billing and support tickets..

I have never used it other than in the demo mode. Loks pretty cool to me. Is this new? Is it buggy?

Thanks
    Dave
    Hello Dave,

It is not new and it sure is not buggy. We are extremely satisfied since the day one we have been using it.

The beauty of it is that it nicely integrates Windows and Linux platforms together with billing and support modules. Takes a lot of weight off of your shoulder of managing and licensing seperate software for each one these tasks.

It sure isn't just another control panel.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mediopia Technologies, Inc - Call Toll Free (24 x 7): 1-877-807-HOST
    Windows and Linux Reseller and Shared Web Hosting Plans
    SiteStudio, ASP, ASP.net, PHP, CGI, Coldfusion MX 6.1, Frontpage, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PgSQL ...
    http://www.mediopia.biz/

Greetings:

We are very close to the two year mark in using H-Sphere as a provider (not a reseller; though we have resellers).

I was sharing today that I wish I knew about H-Sphere when we first started the hosting side of our business in 1996.

The monetary and time savings are awesome.

H-Sphere has given us the ability to easily manage multiple servers across data centers without concern over geographic location.

While we have yet to migrate our Windows hosting into H-Sphere; we are looking forward to that day when our Windows and Unix-based customers will have the same user interface.

Resellers benefit from the same level of hosting automation as the provider.

The H-Sphere community forum at http://forum.psoft.net/ is fairly active; and, it is filled with very helpful, kind, and considerate people.

The Positive Software support team is very responsive under normal circumstances; and has always been polite and courteous.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Is this new? Is it buggy?
    Neither

H-Sphere is the proverbial "bee's knees" when it comes to control panel's.

Simon

So are there any H-Sphere reseller providers with servers in the UK (offering both Windows and Linux)?
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

There is a "learning curve" for sure,, but we think its the "BOMB"...

I have to say that I've run into some things I've liked and not liked about H-Sphere but overall it was one of the easiest CP's to manage multiple domains for myself.

hsphere has been simply outstanding for us - total hosting automation !

All of web hosting tasks could be done through hsphere. I have 2 years experiences as remote technical support in web hosting company(located in San Francisco). we are using Hsphere.
    Tasks such as
    - Fixing client's website bugs , using WebShell to access file and edit it.
    - Suspend or Resume account, through hsphere search and put reason and process.
    - Custom DNS record.
    - Setting database (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgre)
    - Access webmail, create web mail, setting mail box stuffs such as filter. etc.
    - Stuffs such as DirectoryIndexes, redirect URl, osCommerce, phpBB, and many more..
    - Most important feature : Great Billing system integrated.

Thanks
    David

Any of you providers using 2.4 yet?

I have seen remarks for some of you such as " we will wait till someone else tries and so that the bugs can be worked out "

So that leaves it up to the smaller, venturous and bleeding edge hosts to try 2.4 out. But, they may not have the knowledge or the amount of resellers and clients that a large host has, so something could me missed. If all of you large providers wait, then you could miss out on giving input so that almost all of the bugs can be identified.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Nothing is perfect. There is no software without bugs.

Thanks
    Regards
    David

Originally posted by intellec
    Any of you providers using 2.4 yet?
    Yes.

We have test, and development servers running 2.4, and patch 2 yesterday, helped a lot with some niggling issues.

You'll find that the larger host's you reference, are all doing as we are, and that is running ghost clusters/servers to see bugs in real time, and report them as needed.

We have a few 'dedicated' clients running 2.4 in a production environment, and whilst they've had some minor bug issues (mainly GUI based) , the main consensus is that 2.4 is one of the best updates any CP development company has released.

There's a lot of movemment right now in the pSoft arena, with 3rd parties and such showing growing interest. H-Sphere just took another huge leap forward, and is now even further ahead of it's suggested competitors.

Simon

Hi Intellec,

Im one of Simons Dedicated customers that is running 2.4 on my cluster - It is simply amazing - I cannot say this enough times - there just isnt anything similar available - I could not even think of running my business on Cpanel - the shear thought of it scares the hell out of me...

Anyway - the Anti-virus & Anti-Spam work exactly as advertised - The billing and helpdesk have been upgraded and the improvements are obvious - Also - the AWStats integration is a massive improvement over webalizer...

As for your concerns - the bugs we found were minor - and were all quickly addressed - none of them impacted our ability to manage and run our business - just a few minor inconveniences..

Thanks
    Dave
    I'm on Relio.com running H-Sphere 2.4 Patch 1 for now.. It's cool as in what H-Sphere can do but it's also pretty much tough to start up especially for me as a previous cPanel reseller.. it's pretty much different.. The only issues I have with H-Sphere is the complex plans issues and setting up plans correctly.. There are too many question to ask.. Heh.. One more thing is (I'm not sure if this is true for the previous version) Things like cron jobs or redirect urls are located in strange places of the CP and some are not linked to in the top navigation.. Maybe there are changes ought to be made.. Overall it's a powerful system and if mastered upon.. You'd be happy with it..

Relio's plans are a tad smaller but the disadvantage is there are currently no Windows plan for resellers.. Relio might seem pretty new, but it's runned by the same guy doing WizardsHosting, DataColor and stuffs.. I've been there less than a month, but for now I'm pretty happy with the help Carlos have been giving me.. very approachable guy..

I have been on Hsphere for about a month now, and I must say that it rocks!
    I was apprehensive at first as it looked "complex" but it turns out to be the best CP I have ever use so far.

I am operating Cpanel and custom CPs, Hsphere for me is the most complete solution so far, you won't need to spend extra cash to look for billing solutions with CC processing and stuff like that.

The literature for Hsphere is also extensive and freely available from Psoft.

If you are looking for a host, make sure you give Matrix Reseller / Vortech a good look.

Their service support for me thus far has been outstanding, replies are prompt, clear and effective.

Give yourself some time to try out the different features of Hsphere, once you get the hang of it you will simply love it!

We have been using it for years, great tool, very happy we chose this one as our control panel