I'm looking for a technical support position at a well-established web hosting company. Initially, I would like a summer job lasting from June to September, but, if circumstances permit, I'm willing to continue working through the semester.

I'm a 20 year old currently studying at a university in the United States and have a 3.9 GPA. I'm on the programming team and have represented my university in several regional competitions. I'm also the treasurer and server administrator for my university's ACM chapter (www.acm.org).

I have ample experience in the web hosting industry. I'm currently the Customer Services Manager at a web hosting company, where I have worked since 2002. I work in a professional manner to provide the highest level of customer support, manage Red Hat Linux and FreeBSD web servers and resolve technical problems. I have also trained new and existing technical employees to perform their job.

In the past year, I worked as a Level-2 Technician at my university's Information Systems, where I provided advice and assisted in maintaining campus computers, assisted in setting up computer networks across campus and set up and trouble-shooted several commercial software packages. Also, as a Micro Lab Assistant, I provided guidance in using various computer software applications, taught the use of email and web surfing and located and resolved hardware problems. Additionally, I interned at IBM a few years ago.

I'm fluent in English and Urdu and am beginning Spanish and Arabic. On the programming side, I am well-versed in C++, Perl (CGI), PHP and HTML.

I'm familiar with the following operating systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP, Red Hat Linux, FreeBSD. I have worked with CPanel/WHM and Ensim.

I can work in a team and efficiently under extreme stress, am able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and am highly motivated, with strong leadership abilities. I have excellent computer skills, including a proficient understanding of the Internet and server management. I also possess quick and accurate data entry/typing skills. Iíve been into web design and development for 9 years now, and have experience with FTP, SSH, Apache, ProFTPD, BIND and EXIM, as well as MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Flash.

References (from employers, professors, or customers) are available on request. Please contact me via PM if you need further information or if you want to make a job offer.

Thank you.