Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheap hosting

cheap hosting

hey there. i was just wondering if anyone knew of any really cheap webhosting services in the UK? cheapest i found is 123-reg @ £6.99 PA, thanks!

I wouldn't go any cheaper as thats just 2p a day. Is your website worth that much to you?

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

You get what you pay for.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Re: cheap hosting

Originally posted by lucifer dalle
    hey there. i was just wondering if anyone knew of any really cheap webhosting services in the UK? cheapest i found is 123-reg @ £6.99 PA, thanks!

Where did you see £6.99 per year on 123-reg's site? I have never known them to offer this.

The cheapest package I can see is £1.59 per month which is £19.08 P/A.

Just wondering as that is rather cheap even for a cheap host LOL
    Youzo.co.uk
    http://www.youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

Plus I really can't believe you are wanting to pay less that £6.99 PER YEAR!! for your website.

I mean thats not even £0.60 pence per month. You can't get reliable services with that surely.?
    Youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

You can get the best quality service, but not enough reasources. Id say maybe 10mb space and 100mb bandwidth that oughta pay for...
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Originally posted by chaud
    You can get the best quality service, but not enough reasources. Id say maybe 10mb space and 100mb bandwidth that oughta pay for...
    How could any host afford to pay for quality support and quality servers when they have clients paying them £.60p per month?

Even using EV1 you would need a lot of clients paying you 0.60p to afford one of their servers.

Thats my opinion anyway :-)
    Youzo.co.uk

Who said they would get support

Thats one dollar a month about. Then you sell them 10mb space and 100mb bandwidth, so every 10 clients its 10 a month per gb of bandwidth you have. Then 1000gb bandwidth x 10$ = $10,000 a server. Quality will come with a tiny amount of reasources
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

LOL - true
    Youzo.co.uk

123-reg is a budget brand of webfusion/hosteurope etc etc. The Host Europe Brand was just bought for £35 million so i think they maybe able to withstand a few thousand customers at that low price. The catch is email support takes days and is limited and if you call for help its a quid a minute.

ok all you lot! errr... i think i came to the wrong forum!!!.. i'm only 16 by the way.. and i only wanted to buy my first domain and get it hosted really cheap because i'm not like really professional or anything.. just wondered if there were any cheap hosting packages out there to host my little personal/blog site!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the others have mentioned, you get what you pay for. The trouble and hassle you will go through to fix your site when it goes down or when your host bails would be better used to work on your site, in my opinion. I would suggest putting in a budget for even a $5 per month host. You're 16, I know that you can find a job.

you do get what you pay for

ok all you lot! errr... i think i came to the wrong forum!!!.. i'm only 16 by the way.. and i only wanted to buy my first domain and get it hosted really cheap because i'm not like really professional or anything.. just wondered if there were any cheap hosting packages out there to host my little personal/blog site!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whatever you do, don't be so cheap as to allow your domain registrar to provide you a hosting service. It could be the worst money could buy.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Originally posted by chaud
    Who said they would get support

Thats one dollar a month about. Then you sell them 10mb space and 100mb bandwidth, so every 10 clients its 10 a month per gb of bandwidth you have. Then 1000gb bandwidth x 10$ = $10,000 a server. Quality will come with a tiny amount of reasources
    10,000 clients on a server? I'd hate to be the person trying to manage that box. Of course something like that could only make a profit with a one man operation. Then a problem comes up with the server. Suddenly 10,000 emails get sent to support and then...

www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Suddenly 10,000 emails get sent to support and then...
    And then nothing...

Originally posted by Coach
    10,000 clients on a server? I'd hate to be the person trying to manage that box. Of course something like that could only make a profit with a one man operation. Then a problem comes up with the server. Suddenly 10,000 emails get sent to support and then...

Re: cheap hosting

There are actually some companies that can provide you with a reliable service for less money than that.

Do you guy's not realise the size of 123-reg? they aren't some small start up company. The way 123-reg is done I wouldn't be suprised if they are in profit. It's a limit service support wise but they have the money to cover this operation since brands like webfusion/magic-moments/pipex etc etc make money in a big way.

If this hosting you want is for personal use and you wont need much support you wont go wrong using 123reg.
    Last edited by -Edward-; 05-25-2004 at 03:30 AM.

there are many hosts out there that will charge less money,

i have had no problems with any of my previous hosts and i even was hosted by a free host - although it was ad free, it was for a organization. I had fulll support and even most requests were replyed to with in a hour.

So you dont allways pay for what you get.

Originally posted by wyhost
    <snip>
    So you dont allways pay for what you get.
    What if your site creates $100.00 per day for you in revenue? What if it creates $1,000.00 a day? If your income was dependant on your Internet presence would you gamble that revenue on a budget provider?

I know I wouldn't...

Re: Re: cheap hosting

Originally posted by SplashHost.com
    There are actually some companies that can provide you with a reliable service for less money than that.
    ok guys! remember I said I only wanted a host to host a tiny little domain which will probably only have very little content on since it's only a blog/personal site, so anything goes! .. anyway, what are the names of these hosts that can offer less than £6.99 PA then?

Go to Google.com, type in "Free Web Hosting" and you will very likey find something acceptable for your small domain for free. Take a look at the paid ads on the right when you run that search...

Go to Google.com, type in "Free Web Hosting"
    Or better type "cheap web hosting" and you'll get what you want

If you dont mind waiting a bit
    http://illusionfxnet.com
    They have free domain hosting with no ads
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast