If you are not relaying from another location, and want to play locally the mp3s on the server you need , then what you have downloaded is correct. I will assume you have created a user just for running shoutcast (and isn't doing it from root) and you are currently running as that user. I will also assume you have already configured your shoutcast server (with passwords and so on)
Make sure that the config file points to the config file you are going to generate in step 4. You need to configure these:
- ServerIP: This is the IP of your Shoutcast server which is probably the same server.
- ServerPort: Port 8000 is default
- Password: This is the password that you enter in the Shoutcast server configuration
- Bitrate: Depending on your radio, you can tweak the bitrate here
- The rest are fine default.
4. Create a playlist based on mp3s on the server:
find /path/to/mp3/directory -type f -name "*.mp3" > playlist.lst
5. Start your Shoutcast server
nohup ./sc_serv &
nohup and & is not compulsory but is nice to have. Nohup outputs to a log file and & runs the process in the background and returns you to shell.