more mail problems

I am having trouble sending mail, receiving seems fine.
    I sometimes get bounce backs

"unrouteable mail domain "
    but the email is good as I can receive from them...

Task 'SXXXXXServices.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) :
    > 'The
    > connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues,
    > contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The
    > server responded: +OK 310 octets'

this is not a problem with all accounts

any ideas?

What MTA are you using? Sendmail? Qmail? "unrouteable mail domain" usually means either that there's no/no valid MX record set, or that your MTA/DNS server can't properly parse the MX records that exist. We had this problem briefly with Qmail, about a year ago, but switching from BIND to djbdns solved the problem. I suppose it could just be that your DNS queries are timing out, as well.

As to the interrupted connections, some servers using DNSBLs will do that if the connecting machine is blacklisted; I've also seen it happen with servers getting hammered by joe-jobbed spam bounces, where (guessing here) either the server's overloaded, or inetd is overloaded and dropping connections.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS

By any chance did you upgrade cpanel recently?

yes but we keep stable version

actually I updated when I seen the exim security hole warning,but realize afterwards it was for other versions besides "stable"

I sought of had the same problem. I was on the stable release at the time. And I upgraded to the current and that did not fix the problem with the mail server. But now i have updated to the release version and everything is working properly.

you mean the current version ?

Sorry about the above post i got it in the wrong order.

Right now i am on the Current Version.

Task 'SXXXXXServices.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) :
    > 'The
    > connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues,
    > contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The
    > server responded: +OK 310 octets'

this was because customer wants to check his email every 1 minute(I know its strange,but it is a alert type site) I just had to increase number in WHM to allow him to check email 60 times in 1 hour.

The other I am still working on (why is comcast and others addresses bouncing back)

EXIM exploit still not public , common hackers can only crash the exim now, can't get shell or root access with that still now. So, really still it is not needed to update to cPanel unstable version 9.3 .

0x800ccc0d error means :-

The server could not be found. (Account:account name, POPserver:'mail', Error Number: 0x800ccc0d)

OR

Task 'server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? K'

OR

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account. account name, Server: 'server name', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): N0, Error Number: 0x800ccc0f

So I think it is a MTU problem. From where u r using the email cleint it is behind a firewall. Decrese the MTU of the computer .

Use a program (tcpoptimizer from speedguide for example) to calculate what is the maximum packet size not fragmented. then use this MTU to change all the net adapters in ALL THE COMPUTERS in the local Lan.

I think it will solve your problem.
    Helpdesk : Sir, you need to add 10GB space to your HD , Customer : Could you please tell where I can download that?