Wireless Router problem

Hello,

Does anyone here know how to set-up a wireless router, not directly connected to the internet, But which would be connected to a host computer (which is connected to the internet), and share the internet on the host computer, i have seen many people do it, however i got fedup since nothing is working with me, any ideas?

I didnt connect directly through the connection, since out ISP has some security issues concerning multiple users on Cable modems etc...

I'm pretty sure your ISP is concerned about multiple users on your cable modem using more than 1 IP (is your ISP Comcast by any chance?).

Otherwise, your ISP won't know.. because to them, you only have 1 IP, everyone on the router would have the Internal IP.

No, i am live in the UAE, and the problem is that a PC that wants to have access to that specific IP address should register online, and if another PC wants to access the internet the first PC should be unregistered, and the new one registeres etc....

Anyways, do you know how to solve this problem? i think i should use some 3rd party software to help, but i have no idea what .

hmm if it's a router, then each machine on the router would have a private IP Address and they would all share the public IP.

What kind of router is this?

This is what we get from GAY isps.
    Anyways, just call me bro, i'll tell you how.

My house has a single cable modem with four computers connected to it. I contacted Comcast beforehand and they said it was fine (using one IP address at the cable modem). They would only charge extra if I needed more IP addresses.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by akashik
    My house has a single cable modem with four computers connected to it. I contacted Comcast beforehand and they said it was fine (using one IP address at the cable modem). They would only charge extra if I needed more IP addresses.
    Right. but if you hookup a switch that modem and connect 2 machines to it, each machine will get a IP of it's own from comcast, which is what they don't want people doing.

In windows XP you can launch the network wizard which will ask if you wish to share any of your connections if you choose yes it will then ask you to select the connection. Once this is done set-up the rest of the computers with the network wizard and select the option that allows you to connect to the internet using another PC.

And after all that make sure you have something like MAC filtering to make sure no one else can access your network!!!!

Hi there, thanks for the help guyz, i managed to get through it after a 8 hours of work!!!

The problem was that, All wireless laptops connected to the router should have the router's IP set-as the gateway, while the routers gateway is the PC's IP (which is not shared on the wireless network), WHILE the Pc's internet gateway is the ISP's Ip etc... This is what got the problem, where the internet should pass through all three to reach the final dest (wireless laptop) , i got it over with by letting the PC act as the internet connection from the router's point of view, thats what i was trying to do all along, and it might be easy to think of, but it certainly wasnt ...

Regards,
    AY.