* Need advice ~ have CC but no checking account- any other sites like paypal?

Hi, this is an odd question but my situation is odd too so.... ;o My credit is literally shot and no matter where I go to try and open a normal checking account I will get turned down because of some BS that is on my ChexSystems report (I could go on for a while about that but I'll save you the ranting long story...lol) Anywayz, I just saved up and paid $200 for a pre-paid mastercard but Paypal requires a checking account and credit card ~~ My question is does anyone know of any online businesses like Paypal but that only require a credit card? And if not, are there any online banking businesses that would allow me to start an account with just a credit card?... so I could open a paypal account. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Kristin

I take it that when you go into a bank - they run your social security number? And did you know it is illegal for the bank to request your social security number unless it is an interest bearing account? I am not really going to get into that debate - but I ahve been able to open up a bank account without my social. If the bank does not prominently display that they require your SSN - then you do not have to give it to them.

Review: http://www.privacyrights.org/ to help you out with this.

I didn't know that, thank you All the bank says is that I have to fill out the app. before they will even consider allowing me 2 open an account there & it always asks for SSN. I've gone to literally every bank in my city and every single one has turned me down - all because right before I left to go in the army reserves in 2000' I called and closed my bank account.....but they never really closed it - so I got a surprise when I found out they've been charging me for years and then felt the need to send it off to all the credit bureau's ~ I've been disputing it for about a year with no progress.........someone needs to make laws that are actually in favor of citizens LOL But anyway, aside from all these b$ roadblocks I am looking for an online 'Paypal Type' account that I can start with a credit card ~ I've been searching the net for a while w/ no luck so far because most advertise one thing, and when you get to their site you find out there's a long list of requirements. Also, has anyone heard of a company called VuPay? or what happened to them? (it was like paypal) I had an account w/ vp a year ago w/ alot of money in my account from one of my websites- then they disappeared, I've never been able to contact them-figures

I do not really want to get into the debate over the SSN - you and I being in the military know that we do not exist without it - but I do hope that that might help. You also might contact the attorney's & ask them to write a letter. I know that is what I did when I was in because of something similiar. And it did work. With all the extra laws in place for our military personnel, I am sure that you might be able to find a loophole.

I never heard of VuPay or anything like that myself.

You would need to find a company that mails out their payments to you instead of direct depositing them into a checking account. You could sign-up with Click Bank, but they don't offer recurring billing which is really annoying. http://www.clickbank.com/options.html
    Michael @ Qualserv Networks
    www.qualserv.net - quality hosting since 1998!

Bringing Web Hosting to a Personal Level