once again Godaddy takes domain

Once again I open my Godaddy account and a domain was missing that was pointed at my server and renewed in APR 2004
    I went to check on website and it is pointing at Godaddys default name servers, and I now have NO access to domain, and fortunately I can transfer the domain to another register.

Did Godaddy have another improvement to their site?(I lost access to almost all my domains last time)

GONE daddy would be a more fitting name

That's weird.

The 5 domains I manage all show up in the domain manager.

I hope you get it worked out ...

Try and give godaddy a call. I am sure the #1 internet domain name registra would not intentionally do this.
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials

nope sorry
    Last time I had several Long dist. calls, and only got access back after a ICANN Complaint ,its just easier to move domains.

because of this I only kept a few domains at godaddy,but will be moving the rest after this.

All the best with your new registra!
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials

This seems like a never ending issue...
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

File a complaint with the BBB I know they have a pending class action over it.

What registrar are you going for?
    Just for the stats...

Errr...Ive seen more complaints about godaddy than ever before.
    They used to be second on my list that I would recommend to clients that wish to register their own domain, but I think I will stick to recommending 000domains.com at 13.50 year, which was always our first pick anyway.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Ive never had this problem..... I use Godaddy and EV1 Domains and have never had any issues at all.

Moved to Domain Name Discussions

Originally posted by Martie
    Errr...Ive seen more complaints about godaddy than ever before.
    They used to be second on my list that I would recommend to clients that wish to register their own domain, but I think I will stick to recommending 000domains.com at 13.50 year, which was always our first pick anyway.
    Just out of curiosity…Why would you pay $13.50 when there are so many cheaper solutions.

Originally posted by acts837
    Just out of curiosity…Why would you pay $13.50 when there are so many cheaper solutions.
    Why many resellers are still paying $10/year at Tucows?

Superior support maybe?
    DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

Support for a reseller is one thing. What kind of continous support do end users need with a domain name? You set the nameservers or forwarding services and that's it until it is time to renew. After the domains are up and resolved I get very few questions from my customers. I'm running an average of 70 "personal" domains a year right now. That extra $3.50 (in your Tucows example) equates to $245 and $458 from what I pay now. Just doesn't compute...

imagen running 100s or even 1000s of personal domains ? even few cents differ.

i really wonder what at opensrs isn't available at others? having PLAIN domain registration service with no free services with each domain i don't see any problems might happen of their servers are online.

imagen enom offering ONLY domain registration ? i dont think they will have as much tickets as they have now which are most for secondary services like dns hosting or webhosting etc..

so sticking with opensrs at $10/name which is almost more expensive than most retailers makes no sense at all
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    so sticking with opensrs at $10/name which is almost more expensive than most retailers makes no sense at all [/B]
    I wonder how come eV1 have chosen to be a tucows reseller despite that high price , while they were offring domains for 5.41 ( I know they were loosing but at least they could reduce the loss )
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

loss in domains but profit in servers, basically its calculated as marketing fees.

just like webhosting customers who gives domains for free
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Thanks Grace5, I never did like them but I'm there now due to buying a few second hand... This post has stepped up my plans to get out.

Joe

That's nothing compared to GoDaddy insisting that I still own a domain that I sold and moved away from them! It still shows under my account and they spam me to renew it LOL

its an old bug i moved domains and tehre is nothing there.

but i did have same situation with namesdirect

mv dollars pool; cat account | grep "peanuts"

Originally posted by timechange.com
    That's nothing compared to GoDaddy insisting that I still own a domain that I sold and moved away from them! It still shows under my account and they spam me to renew it LOL
    RegisterFly has been doing the same to me ON A DAILY BASIS!
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Heh I know, same here. Till the domain "expired" (it did not, I had moved it out months before).

i really wonder what at opensrs isn't available at others? having PLAIN domain registration service with no free services with each domain i don't see any problems might happen of their servers are online.
    Well... for those who wonder, here is an email from a Tucows representative:

There are quite a few Registrars in the marketplace who are selling below
    what we sell, and if you look close at their product offering, you will find
    one or all of the following:

1) Retail site, which competes with you head on!
    2) Sell competing services like hosting, or spam those very same customers you get for them
    3) Have hidden costs
    4) Lousy technology
    5) Very little or non-existent Customer Service

Correspondingly, some of the consequences could be:
    1) You lose business in the long term, as your customers discover they can buy from your supplier's retail sites, and bypass you for renewals and
    2) You save $2 on a domain, but lose $200 on hosting
    3) You end up paying not only hidden costs, but also
    4) Spend time and energy on things like domain management, transfers,
    renewals as
    5) Customer Service is non-existent

Tucows OpenSRS offers you the following:
    1) 100% committed to wholesale, no retail - renewals go back to you
    guranteed through one of the best renewal management tools in the industry.
    2) 100% committed to not selling competiting products as you, including
    hosting! We offer complementary products like 128-bit SSL Certificates.
    3) No hidden costs!
    4) The best leading-edge technology in the industry - management, renewals, transfers all automated!
    5) Best customer service in the industry - Technical Support and Dedicated Account Management via telephone and email.
    Now you can make a "comparision chart" including GoDaddy, eNom, DirectI... or the one you prefer.

thats true with godaddy and directi, but with enom its $29.95 retail and they never compete with resellers

for technology wise enom has one of the best API in marketplace

for tech support it would be true because they are only dealing with resellers which have more knowledge and less asking, also since they offer ONLY one service which is domain registration so 1 man show can run opensrs since its ony answering same questions over and over, no new services to have problem and ask about

imagen enom offer only domain registration tehy wouldn't have this amount of tickets per day regarding other services which usually takes time for them to reply which is considered slow these days, for example if they dont offer DNS services or email forwarding i'd say 1/2 of tickets would be gone

they offer ONLY one service which is domain registration
    That's not true. They also offer Email Services, Managed DNS and SSL certificates.

What a pitty no one from Tucows is reading this thread, to see what they would say about it.

Anyway... this thread is getting far from what original poster meant. Bashar, would you like to continue this discussion at a separated thread?

godaddys good only if you dont have to make changes all the time
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Originally posted by Eboy
    That's not true. They also offer Email Services, Managed DNS and SSL certificates.

What a pitty no one from Tucows is reading this thread, to see what they would say about it.

Anyway... this thread is getting far from what original poster meant. Bashar, would you like to continue this discussion at a separated thread?
    go ahead

I use godaddy. never had any problems
    Da Funk back to the time...
    Around the world...
    You know we're gonna do it right...
    Some kind of feeling I will share with you...

I have never had problems, and if tere is anything I just mail them and get a mail back just a few hours (even down to minutes) after I have mailed. So just try to send them an email...