Using one domain for multiple nameserver ?

Hi,

at present I have one domain name and my nameservers like this:
    ns1.domain.com
    ns2.domain.com

when registering the domain I entered the IPs of the server where I wanted to host this domain.

Now my question is how can I make it that I have like
    ns3.domain.com
    ns4.domain.com
    pointing to another server while domain.com is still hosted on the first server... That should be possible or do I have to register another domain name with every new server I order ?

of course you can use one domain as server name for multiple servers. i host my domain with domain registrar (enom), not on my server, i just setup ns1/ns2/ns3/ns4 and etc with my IPs. it did the trick.

can we know how can u did the trick, how to setup nameserver

1) Select the IPs you want on your new server for ns3... and ns4....
    2) Create DNS for these on both servers
    eg in the record for domain.dom add the A records like the ones already there for your current nameservers.
    3) Have your provider set reverse entries for for the nameservers
    4) Set them up at the registrar

You should also make the primary domain a slave on the second box and add the new nameservers by adding ns records for the domain like the ones that are already there.
    Cybersalad.net
    A substance almost but
    not quite utterly unlike salad

i'd be interested to know what's the general order of resolving multiple ns's, say taketo has 4 ns's, does each of them get 25% chance of being resolved?

Originally posted by lwknet
    i'd be interested to know what's the general order of resolving multiple ns's, say taketo has 4 ns's, does each of them get 25% chance of being resolved?
    from my logs, i see that the DNS load has been divided more or less 50-50 (6936 and 7139) between my two nameservers within the same time period.

so i assume that if there are four nameservers, each one of them will have a 25% chance of getting hit (under ideal circumstances)