new client management system begins development

hello all,

just posting to let you know about my university final year project which begins development nowish .

it's a complete client management / support system and i would appretiate any suggestions you have to give.

please check http://www.whcms.net if you'd like to come help me out with feature requests and the like .

Many Thanks,

Gary.

just to add to this, the software will be open source and free, so a little incentive maybe to give me some good feature ideas

What about doing a feature list of what is already implemented?
    Or even posting in the forum what you will be adding so people kow if you have already thought of something

Good luck with the project
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

aye, working on that atm, should be posting it sometime this week.

Any estimated date of when this project is going to be released???

i'd estimate a good 6 months from now, a long time i know, but we'll get there.

Okies, back at uni now, and planning is well underway, the forums contain all of my updates so far and expect loads of info going up in the coming months, during both my project feasability and project units at university.

Got loads of ideas for whcms already, but always looking for new and fresh ideas if any of you have any!!

The whcms forums can be found here .

Ok we are well into development at the moment; heavy work on both the module system has taken place in the last few weeks, am now designing the user permission model.

Having decided to make the system module based it is now just a case of finishing up the core and then it's a whole load of module building up to the delivery date, our gantt charts can be viewed online to see exactly what we are doing and when we are doing it.

http://www.whcms.net/screenshots/documentation/

both these can be looked at and discussed via our forums, and as always still looking for feedback and ideas

a shot here of the module manager for you:

http://www.whcms.net/screenshots/whc...12004_1024.jpg

there's loads more screens kicking around on the webspace, and the forums are full of information regarding the project status etc, hopefully be able to get the wh: cms website up as soon as the project itsefl is stable enough to power it (there is currently a very early beta of this site up already just showing the news pulled from the forums which canbe found here for the time being.)

Many thanks to all those supporting our work and giving us ideas, we appretiate anything

Bye for now!
    Last edited by seraphi; 12-14-2004 at 01:51 PM.

A quick update,

Apologies for the now dead links, but the site structure has changed, with all development now being done offline due to us wanting to deliver a fuller product once beta comes around, rather than keep bringing out little bits at a time.

Our forums contain all the information on the latest updates, and now design is pretty much complete. A LOT of work has gone into the system core which is now i'd say 60% complete, with the easy (hopefully) parts of it left to go, once this is done it's just a case of writing a whole load of modules to provide a free, open source client billing system for you all.

A few of our latest pieces of WH: CMS news can be found here, here, and here.

Again thank-you to all those supporting us, and please please don't hesitate to drop by and give us some ideas.

Many thanks WHT!