can anyone recommend a good fast loading host?

I'm new here and have to say this is a fantastic community but really its all too much for me - around a year ago i subscribed to pair's ftp plan thinking its a good deal but unfortunately it doesn't satisfy my current needs - its not that i'm complaining about uptime or something - their uptime and customer support is excellent but the FTP plan is very limited in application - doesn't include CGI or PHP...[my site is financial-spread-betting.com and as you can see its very, very basic]

All i need is 100MB disk space (even 50 MB would suffice) with a 100MB/day transfer (3GB/month), ftp access, CGI/PHP support (to include forms and maybe a forum) for my personal site. Its very important that I'm assigned a unique ip address as well and great loading speed is a must.

My budget is around $5/$6 per month. (I would however consider plans up to $8)

I've submitted a request on WHT but i'm already getting overwhelmed with replies and searching the forums to review comments on each company is really time-stressing. Can anyone name some good solid companies that might fit my needs?

Tell us which hosts you are considering and we will help you decide.

Hi,

Try using the hostquote feature at http://webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Also take a look in the offers forum, do your search.

Also check various hosting forums, good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Hello...

I think this the time for you to look at new host and equip with fantastico..

Sure all your requirement will be there.

Thanks...
    MyLabuan Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

Originally posted by Hoobastank68
    Hi,

Also take a look in the offers forum, do your search.

Also check various hosting forums, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystrike
    I've submitted a request on WHT but i'm already getting overwhelmed with replies and searching the forums to review comments on each company is really time-stressing.

If Pair Networks has been good for you, can they create a customized package for you that will do what you need? Have you asked them directly? Take a few minutes to talk to their sales department and see what they can do for you. While I have never used Pair personally, their reputation and business model are top shelf in my book. You asked for a solid recommendation, you're already with a great host, see if they can work with you.

Try be more specific and you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck

Originally posted by Hoobastank68
    Hi,

Anyone who bothers with these sort of online bidding tools is a mug. It is no way to conduct serious business.

Hi LuckyStrike,

There are many hosts to consider actually. If your budget is around $6 per month, you need to look for host that won't take you for granted for paying only $6. Do a research on the net. If you have looked into several hosts, email them and determine the response time for them to reply. Consistently email them and see if they always eager to do your business. When you actually ready to sign up, do a last research by finding for any user reviews of the host. Positive reviews helps you to determine the host's credibility.

Good luck, LuckyStrike.

Cristiano
    HostPulse.com - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting

TopQHost - We Provide Affordable Web Hosting with Top Quality Service

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    If Pair Networks has been good for you, can they create a customized package for you that will do what you need? Have you asked them directly? Take a few minutes to talk to their sales department and see what they can do for you. While I have never used Pair personally, their reputation and business model are top shelf in my book. You asked for a solid recommendation, you're already with a great host, see if they can work with you.
    The thought is greatly appreciated - but if the sticking point is the CGI/PHP capability, we won't be able to be flexible on that, sorry. I know we seem like curmudgeonly trolls for having that restriction when few other hosts bother, but it's a big factor in why our servers tend to be fast and lightly loaded (at least, that's the idea, I'm not trying to brag). Customers pay more for the features which require more server resources.

Many people leave for all-you-can-eat cheaper hosts, but some return when their budget allows. Either way, we're fine with that.

Kevin

Yes... after a certain size flexibility (in term of hosting plans) means less productiveness and more problems. Like it or not, procedures will be the foundation of most decisions...

I wonder... it's been 2 days now. Has luckystrike found a host already?

u can try IBM servers

u can try IBM SERVER FOR FAST LOADING..WITH SCSI HARDDISK AND DUAL XEON WITH GOOD 2GB RAM.
    u can try it out at www.interland.com
    or u can also try at www.theplanet.com or at www.rackspace.com

Hi Dan,

Just to let everyone know that I've found a host - its hostgator.com and Dan i've found them using your site !!! keep it up - great reviews!

btw i've found hostgator.com excellent so far! they even accomodated my request for a static ip on the baby plan.

Well, I'm glad you're happy with them luckystrike.