Anonymous Mailing List in Ensim

Hello,
    I am managing a class website for my Engineering Class and we decided we wanted to have a mailing list so very important notices can be mass mailed to everyone by Profs or TA's.

So I created a mailing list with all of my classmates. Everything is all and well at the moment, everyone in the class can mass mail, but the problem is anyone who is not currently a member of the list CANT mail everyone (such as a Prof)

I dont want to add Prof's/TA's emails to the list because people in the class will use it to invite everyone to drinking parties and such (and MANY other reasons).

Im currently hosting the domain[TronEng.com] on ensim.

So my question is: How can i create a mailing list to facilitate all the options I would like.

Is there such thing as an anonymous mailing list? Meaning that non-members can mass mail to all the members of the mailiing list?

Is there some stuff i can do with forwarding?

Please advise...
    [AIM]: BhAaD99 :: [ICQ]: 79048062 :: [MSN/eMail]: lad_b@hotmail.com

Is it at all possible to do this kind of setup with cpanel?

Sorry I am not familiar with Ensim any more. I'll try to answer your questions for the cPanel mailing lists.

Originally posted by BhAaD
    Is it at all possible to do this kind of setup with cpanel?
    Is there such thing as an anonymous mailing list?
    On cPanel there is an option called: "Who can view subscription list?" Options are:

1) Anyone
    2) List members
    3) List admin only

So option 3 would create a private list where nobody can see the members. I think this is what you meant by an anonymous mailing list.

So I created a mailing list with all of my classmates. Everything is all and well at the moment, everyone in the class can mass mail, but the problem is anyone who is not currently a member of the list CANT mail everyone (such as a Prof)
    If the professors are not on the mailing list then how can the mailing list email them? Maybe I am a little confused?

Anyway, you can enable it so that non-members can send emails to everyone on the list in cPanel.

Option: "Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is defined."

1) Accept
    2) Hold
    3) Reject
    4) Discard

Option 1 would basically be an open relay where anyone can email to the list members. I would recommend the Hold option so that a list admin would have to approve the message before it is sent to the members.
    Michael @ Qualserv Networks
    www.qualserv.net - quality hosting since 1998!

Bringing Web Hosting to a Personal Level

I wanted non member submissions, but that doesnt matter now, since the site is now hosted under CPanel.