Firewall: None
    Hostname:
    Promotional Code:
    Salesperson:
    Special Requests or Comments:

Number of servers: 1

Monthly Charge: $109
    Monthly Charge Sales Tax will be added for Texas residents
    Pro-rated Monthly Charge (the rest of June(free) starting tomorrow plus July): $109.00

Setup Fee: $0
    Setup Fee Sales Tax will be added for Texas residents

Total Initial Charge: $109.00

Hope I won't be dissapointed, can you correct any fields above that I might ve chose wrong? Do all people purchase a firewall for $99?? and in what situations do we need a back up for ?

N_F_S

add WHT in the promotional code field. sometimes you get a discount

why not get the 2.4, windows isnt extra with that one, so you will only be paying $10 more a month, and will get 2x the ram and more processor power

Glad you picked SM, there are very many happy SM customers here on these boards. Keep us posted.
    hm what should I put in my sig?

Originally posted by cooldude919
    why not get the 2.4, windows isnt extra with that one, so you will only be paying $10 more a month, and will get 2x the ram and more processor power
    yeah $10 more + $199 Setup Or $299 Setup OR

$30 more and $0 Setup

Could anyone answer on firewall and back up question?

N_F_S

add your own free firewall and if your running a business then the backup is essential but you can order less than half of the hard drive space as you usually never fill up a hard drive, in my experience anyway.

Nah, I think he meant getting the P4 2.4 which is $10 more per month and it comes with 1gb by default and currently comes with a $0 setup fees.

As for the firewall, the $99 is definitely pricey but it depends on the sites you are running. If they are mission-critical then it would be a good move but if not you could go without it. Get the Floodguard and set up the IPSEC and other security measures and you should do fine.

where can you see P4 2.4 which is $10 more per month ?

I can see there:

$99 Monthly / $0 Setup

samborocks
    , free firewall like what? which one would you suggest?

Originally posted by N_F_S
    where can you see P4 2.4 which is $10 more per month ?

I can see there:

$99 Monthly / $0 Setup
    Currently the Celeron 1.7 comes with 512mb RAM and Windows is $20 additional, so you are paying $69 + $20 (Windows) = $89.

The P4 2.4 comes with 1gb RAM and Windows comes without an additional cost and that goes for $99.

The $10 more is derived from $99 - $89 = $10.

If you do not think you will fill the 80gb, it might be a good idea to opt for 2 x 40gb so you could do backup on the secondary drive. Just a thought.

eddy2099,

ahh, thaks for that , I didn't get a quote on the next page, then of course 2,4

Ok, but I'm still not clear with the back up thing. I'm gonna host 3 sites on it currently, when will I need a back up? and what is a back up actually itself? Is it data weighing 40GB , and if I will lose all my files , then I will need it?

thanks,
    N_F_S

3 sites you can just use the backup utility in whatever control panel you'll be using and it will only backup whatever files you uploaded or installed on the sites. then you will simply download the backups on to your personal computer and even burn them for added security.

samborocks,
    so you think it's not essential in my case?

yeah and how long it usually takes to have it set up? If I order now , let's say . I need it up by 5 of July , will it be possible do you think?

N_F_S

not with only 3 sites, if you grow later just add the servermatrix 10gb backup plan. i think those backups are a little safer compared to a second hard drive as its not within the same server.

it takes servermatrix about a half day to have it setup at the most i believe, then add 2 days for dns propagation and your good to go.

If you order now, you should get your machine within 24 hours of the confirmation call. Usually you should get it within 3 to 6 hours.

True, the NAS backup plan would be a better move as far as backups are concerned since that is remote. But any backup towards to NAS would be counted to your bandwidth usage which in most cases shouldn't be an issue.

If the three sites that you have are quite static and do not have a DB or information which are updated by someone else, backups on the server might not be all that necessary since I am sure you have a copy locally which you could use to restore in case of an emergency.