New host receiving payments

I know this question has been asked in the past but not in this specific manner. I need to begin accepting credit card payments on my site. I have decided that getting a merchant account will be too costly in the beginning, and I really don't want to offer paypal as an option either. I have looked at 2checkout but they seem costly at 5.5% and $0.45 per transaction. My average transaction is around $11 and I anticipate around 30 per month for the forseeable future. What do you suggest as a method of receiving payment? Ideally I would like to keep them on my site as opposed to the method where content from another site is brought up to receive their payment.

Thanks,
    Chris

2checkout will release funds at $100 and if you aren'g going the merchant account that, paysystems or cdgcommerce is your only choice. Prehaps it might be worth raising prices slightly to compensate for it?

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by jvds
    ...if you aren'g going the merchant account that, paysystems or cdgcommerce is your only choice.
    First, CDGCommerce provides TRUE merchant accounts...they are not a third-party processor like 2Checkout.

Second, based on your expected processing amounts, you would be paying the following:

2Checkout - $31.65
    CDGCommerce - $41.59

My suggestion, is to go with CDGCommerce for the extra $10 per month and get a real merchant account. You will be happier in the long run with the added control you have, plus they have great rates for WHT members (http://www.cdgcommerce.com/wht/)

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

CDGCommerce is definitely worth the extra $10! Good luck, though.
    Michael @ Qualserv Networks
    www.qualserv.net - quality hosting since 1998!

Bringing Web Hosting to a Personal Level

I am accepting through Paypal currently. I also have a 2checkout vendor account but it is not currently in use. Ive heard alot about CDGCommerce here and am planning on looking into it.