This is an attempt to recover my data & money from manlius.com which has been giving me hard time.

I had got a reselller account from them they promised 97% uptime but it was not even 80%

they gave me plesk then the ir server was down and i had to ask the main server provide to check as contacting manlius was not possible at all they didnt reply to emails. Then they said oh we will transfer you to cpanel which they did.

Then I hosted my site www.travel-culture.com on that account and found that there was some thing wrong as i was getting a lot of spam and mail delivary failiare i reported to them they said every thing is ok and no problems I reported 5 times to them still no help

Then i transferred the domain somewhere else every thing was ok again I transferred the account to their server and was having the same issue i send them an email their SMTP server was not working. On May 21st they closed my account without even informing me.

I emailed them but no help and then i got a ticket from them that they have blamed me that i was spaming and they charged me 200$s as fine which was wrong as it was not me thier server had some loop holes and informed them several times not just that their smtp was also not working.

They threatend me that they will report me to FBI and a lot of other stuff i have recor of all emails sent by them.

They have charged me total 250 i need that back from them

Thank you.

Just out of curiosity...how did you calculate 80%?

If a host promises 97% uptime then you should sprint away like Ben Johnson on caffiene.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

No kidding....That's still allowing your host to be down almost a full day every month.

Pathetic.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....

Yeah, you should look for hosts with at least 99% uptime guarenteed, should be 99.9%

I hope you read Manlius.com's TOS/AUP very clearly. They go out of their way to protect themselves.

Just explain your situation to them by certified mail and attempt to make a phone call or two if you can. Manlius.com is owned by FCT Enterprises, f-c-t.com.

Here's some contact information for you:

Mailing Address:
    PO Box 66
    Groton, NY 13073
    Telephone Number:
    (208) 330-1221

Good luck.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Jamal,

Your data will not be provide until your account is paid in full, we have explained this to you. In addition it is listed in our TOS.

You have reported an uptime of only 80%, prove it. Our stats for April are 99% uptime and for May including the downtime from you not changing your nameservers or following instructions posted in advance about IP changes and server moves, was 98%. We have always had a service level agreement with your account; you are the one that has to follow the instructions listed in it to request a refund.

Your account was suspended for the sending of SPAM, to which you deny involvement. The emails being sent out were sent via SMTP using your login id and SMTP Authentication. Your claim of previously reporting of emails that you did not send that were bouncing back to you were not sent via this method. They were sent via a server other then ours with your domain as the replyto. This is not the same as the over 500,000 emails that were being sent from your account on Friday and Saturday.

Our terms of service clearly states that you are responible for all activity from your account and that a $200 fine is impossed for sending of SPAM along with your account being suspended. We obtianed authorization of your credit card on file for the $200 and upon your request voided this authorization. We have never charged this, as stated to you, if this is a debt card your bank may hold thoes funds for upto 45 days. (do a search on the internet or call your bank to verify this issue with debt cards).

We have always replied to all of your tickets. We have all the logs to show it.

We wish you good luck with any future host you choose since your comments about not caring what our stupid rules are, referring to the Terms of service for your account, which is a legal binding contract.

We informed you in the last reply to your ticket that all futher communitcation can be done via our laywers since you claimed you were going to sue us. We also informed you that continuing to email us would be considered harrasment and a $1000 fine would be imposed. We see that you have failed to follow this with the emails your have sent today. We will not continue this matter any further except for when we see you in court.

Kevin Fairbanks
    General Partner
    FCT Enterprises

I hope this one won't turn into a nasty discussion here on WHT. I've seen quite a lot of this happening on WHT lately...
    C'mon people, get a room (mail, IM)

97%? Very odd 0.1% it's enough to cope with outages, don't you think? But to state 97% it's a bit fishy
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by Tee
    Yeah, you should look for hosts with at least 99% uptime guarenteed, should be 99.9%
    Guarantees mean nothing, look for a host who can prove they have had at least 99.5% uptime over the past 6 months. Anyone can create a SLA...most often you will lose more from your site being down, than SLA credits will be worth.

Threads merged.

Well 80% is still generous my internetseer reports every other day the site got down. when you try to ping the server every 3rd ping was timed out.

The email was not sent by me nor SMTP could be used as i was alwaysusing my mercury smtp their SMTP was not working when i tested it a week ago.

From the logs that I have of the site i see huge request of a form.cgi & formmail.cgi form.cgi is a file on the server but formmail is not my script yet the log shows it was a succesfull request I hear there is a vulnerablity that lets spammers use to send via the cgi scripts my form.cgi scrip is working fine on the other server with no issues and just for info of manlius the user id & password for the other account is same.

Also note manlius threatened that they will report me to FBI if i dont pay them 200$s and they infact tried to charge but luckily i had no funds in the account. they still have an authorization of my credit card as i can see a -200 balance in my account.

The thread in which we me & manlius had conversation should be shown as it was deleted by them immediatly.

I send them a request again that "i reported you guys 2 month ago that server had some problem i was getting lot of bounced emails which i never sent but they said "Your account is fine no spammer is using it"

I wont prolonge this Here any longer but i wand the world know that this company says they will charge a fine even if someone else misused the account.

I want to see the email they are talking about and a proof that it was sent via SMTP i have a proof email that their SMTP has never worked for me.

Just for the info it was a $50 account and they want to charge 200 for some fine which is clearly not my fault.

Jamal

Their phone number is just a voice mail and the address they gave for lawer is the same as theirs

And for the info of manlius i have not sent this email to them and the email which i sent to them was only one for which they didnt reply it was a request as the data they have is data of all our customers and i am scred they will start carging my customers credit cards as they charged me

I have backup but thats about 2 months old my data is valuable way more then 1000 or 200 dollars.

Jamal

Stay away from ReadySetConnect ALSO

Good Luck jamalpanhwar

I have just had a bad experience with ReadySetConnect. They turned my account off for no reason. Wouldn't answer my emails or phone calls for 4 days and when I finally talked to them they asked if I was sure I had a domain with them. I only had their web hosting plan for a year. You would think that they would keep better records then that. How do you forget a customer that has been with you a year..
    Brad
    www.buyourwebhosting.com
    AIM Screen Name - buyourweb
    More power than a web site needs - xController cPanel theme and Fantastico

From the logs that I have of the site i see huge request of a form.cgi & formmail.cgi form.cgi is a file on the server but formmail is not my script yet the log shows it was a succesfull request
    Yes, the original formmail script is easily exploitable and can be run by a third party and used for spam without much effort, it's not a file that you'll actually see in your site because it's in an internal directory.

If they hadn't disabled formmail and somebody exploited it, then obviously that's not your fault and you shouldn't be paying anything, perhaps you can ask them for a copy of some of the emails including headers that they say you sent.

Originally posted by The Pioneer
    I hope you read Manlius.com's TOS/AUP very clearly. They go out of their way to protect themselves.
    I just thought that I should emphasize that for any other Manlus.com customers.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Guarantees mean nothing, look for a host who can prove they have had at least 99.5% uptime over the past 6 months. Anyone can create a SLA...most often you will lose more from your site being down, than SLA credits will be worth.
    That's the way I feel about it too.