Thread: Colo in London

Colo in London

Does anyone know of any data centres near or in London? I know this is not going to be cheap but I need to co locate here. Thanks

Telehouse is in london.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

thanks, but I found a company, hostrack.co.uk
    I will take a look at this one though.

Redbus, Telehouse and Global Switch are 3 fairly popular datacentres in London. The actual datacentre you are in doesn't often make an awful lot of difference unless you have very specific requirements, your choice of host is usually a lot more important. It all depends on what you require I guess. You'll find plenty of companies on this board who will be able to provide whatever you need.

With regard to hostrack.co.uk, a quick trace shows that their site is hosted on the ev1 network in the USA, as opposed to London so if you are after a fully UK based host I'm not sure if you have found one yet.

Kind regards,
    Kris
    Kris - nitrohosting.net
    Premium Dell Windows/Linux dedicated servers in London
    Great value shared hosting & ADSL.
    PM/Email for no-obligation quotes.

Ho much space do you require ?
    How much transit ?
    Single-Provider of Multihomed ? Routed or Cat5Xover for your switch
    How uch power do you require, what level of access ?

These answers will affect the choice of provider, but around Docklnads there are about 8 datacnetres all very similar in terms of supplying rcaks, power, remote support etc
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I'd agree with rob on the above, would add in to make sure providers are properly multihomed with their own routers and AS number. Check to see if they have this or if they are just telling you they do because thats what their upstream has.

It depends mostly on how much space you want and what level of support.

polo ... u might want to adjust your website banner a touch - looks like it reads servershed.con to the untrained eye ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Originally posted by othellotech
    polo ... u might want to adjust your website banner a touch - looks like it reads servershed.con to the untrained eye ...
    shouldnt drift off topic so apologies but...

yeah maybe thats the way we like it ;-)