Looking for a resllere at $7-8

Something decent and kind of reliable,

how much space and bw should I expect at that price, and who would you suggest?

I'd personally suggest pushing your budget $3 more. You should be able to pick up a fine reseller package for $10 with about 10 GB transfer or perhaps a little more. It's a little harder to fine something much smaller when it comes to a reseller plan. I wouldn't trust a reseller plan under $10, but that's just me, I'll let you decide there.

that's what they're asking me for

$7 a month

need to host a bunch of small traffic sites

Would an addon domain solution work?

If it's just several small sites, I'm certain that just about any shared plan would work if you're comfortable with everything being under one control panel.

If you can't afford more than $7 "for a bunch of hobby sites" then it's not a real hobby... Heck, most people spend at least ten times that much on their hobbies! And even hobby sites need a decent host.

GDO

ehh resellers at that price are not plentifull... your better off just buying a shared server for around 7$ for each client.
    www ****** com
    www powweb com
    www datacities com
    are just some with really nice prices and stats but then again they are shared and not resellers

resellers can be found for cheap but they are rare to be of great quality you probably are going to find resellers ranging from 13$ to 40$ depending on what you want. for what you need 13$ is not bad, you can get a lot for that, check out www dathorn com nice prices they also have forums to help out but they take security seriously.

www.bgfweb.com
    ^
    Top notch host. Personally I host a few different sites and so far so good. I have owned my own hosting company so my standards I would say are pretty high. Ben (Owner) really gets the job done. Besides being very smart and reliable, he is a great guy to talk to .

it's not for hobbies and it's not for myself,

I'm getting $100 for the year and have to offer some other basic services and support. This person wants me to manage the whm for them until he can take over, when at such time I'll receive another payment which I will not disclose so basecally I can use this account as I wish for many months and host those few domains that he has. I will use it for my sites that under development, testing scripts and temporary backups.

If you know of a reseller for $7 per month post it here or pm but don't tell about shared hosting or that's too cheap of a price ... I know all those and more.

If you know of a reseller for $7 per month post it here or pm but don't tell about shared hosting or that's too cheap of a price ... I know all those and more.
    If you know it's too cheap then why keep asking? You're simply probably not going to find what you want at this point. My best suggestion would be to go out and find a few hosts that maybe have close plans to what you need and contact them and ask if they'll make a smaller one. It's just hard to find such a small reseller account.

http://www.odeonweb.com/

also can probably find something in the WHT "webhosting offers section"
    Last edited by CD Burnt; 05-22-2004 at 09:19 PM.

are they reliable?

Check out www.ultraunix.net/offer .
    They have one with 2 gigs space and 8 gigs bandwidth for 7.99

They've got great feedbacks here too.
    New site: www.talkutas.com

You may want to find out roughly how much resources (space, bandwidth, MySQL db, etc) are these sites using, then work from there to see if the budget is reasonable. If the sites are small enough, you can even just use a shared host who does addon domains.

I also believe that $7/mo will be little short to have any kind of reseller package.

Evenif some one can provide then they will have to tailor the package with very short list.

<<Please see rules for signature setup>>

I don't understand why people think a reseller package has to cost $20.... Can someone explain this to me?
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Originally posted by hometownhosting
    I don't understand why people think a reseller package has to cost $20.... Can someone explain this to me?
    Well, people likes to think "you get what you pay for". Higher price also means high chance for that company to stick around longer...

ok I guess I understand that. But a company can offer cheaper prices and still stay around - and that is without overselling as well.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Anyone offering reseller plans that cheap has not been in the reseller business very long and will not be for long term.

You cannot just stack resellers on a server like you can shared hosting. A host makes about 1/3 less per server on reseller accounts than they do on shared hosting when they cut the prices that low they are cutting the per server profit even more. Hence they will not be able to stay in business long term.

It's just a question of how much you're willing to work for, or in other words, how much you expect to make per server. If you sell, say, a 2.5 GB reseller plan for $12.50 per month (just an example), then you can put a maximum of 32 of these on an 80 GB hard drive (you said no overselling, right?). That would bring in $400 per month - less if you give a yearly discount. So you'd have $400 to pay for a good server, software, etc., and then we haven't mentioned processing fees and other costs.
    How much are you willing to work for?

GDO

Let's take a quick look at what a reseller does here. They purchase space from the host and then turn around and resell it to others. Instead of one shared account with a few domains in that space, you're looking at quite a few (potentially) sites that take up resources. Jamming a server full of hundreds of small resellers is just as bad if not worse than cramming it with shared accounts.

ok I guess I understand that. But a company can offer cheaper prices and still stay around - and that is without overselling as well.
    In the shared hosting industry sure with a good business plan, but not in the reseller industry. It all comes back to what I said above. You're not going to be able to cram loads of reseller plans onto a server and everything run smooth.