Question Reliable ded. serv. 1k-2k GB transfer + fully managed?

Hello,

I am looking for a reliable dedicated server that is totally controlled, fully managed as I do not have any skills to manage a server on my own.

I have seen two options so far that seem to get very good feedback here.

The first one and cheaper option seems to be from servermatrix.com

The solution that would fit our needs is the 2.8 GHz Pentium with 1,200 GB bandwidth at a price of around 120-130 USD per month.

The second solution seems to be from theplanet.com but they are VERY expensive and more than I can afford starting at 249 USD per month.

So I am hoping that any of you perhaps have some suggestions of other very reliable webhosts/websolutions.

My greatest problem is that we are running a VERY large vBulletin community. And I need to switch from my current German host that does not meet my needs anymore. However, it seems with servermatrix, one has to install all the software that is required to begin the installment/transfer of vBulletin which I cannot do myself as I have no clue how to go about such things.

So, basically I am looking for a solution that is between 120-150 USD per month.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

chino

I would recommend going with the cheaper server and then paying someone to install the software and manage the server for you.

Hi if you are looking for a fully managed server for a cheap price try contacting http://www.server4sale.com/special.htm

They do a fully managed server option I think and they said to me they can set them up ready to click and go.

I am thinking of getting a server from their my self and they have answered all my questions no problem.

I just got to get me self a few people together before I dedicate my self

Fully managed for 150 a month and quality? Good Luck.

... and with 2GB transfer. hmm i want ten of those

Originally posted by piramida
    ... and with 2GB transfer. hmm i want ten of those
    I'm sure it was just a typo, but he said 2 TB not 2 GB

As for the server request. To get a true fully managed service, i'd reccomend getting a total control server from www.theplanet.com and then hiring a server administrator for like $99/mo. That's probably the smartest idea and the cheapest.

oops right, typo no one needs dedicated server with 2GB transfer, maybe only as a shell box for 10$/month

Originally posted by zinet
    I would recommend going with the cheaper server and then paying someone to install the software and manage the server for you.
    Completely agreed. I'm sure someone is willing to setup vBulletin (mysql/php/apache) for you

If you are using Linux with cpanel / whm this (mysql/php/apache) should come as standard.

If you are after added scripts go for Fantastico as all you have to do is tell the server where u want it and it does the hard job for u.