Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Server4Sale - What do you think about them? Are they good or bad?

Hello,

Ok guys, this is the last question I am very interested in their dedicated servers. What do you think about them?

I did search.

Thanks!

Hi,

They're one of the biggest resellers for burstnet/nocster.
    Never had any experience with them.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Re: Server4Sale - What do you think about them? Are they good or bad?

Originally posted by Shoey
    Hello,

Ok guys, this is the last question I am very interested in their dedicated servers. What do you think about them?

I did search.

Thanks!
    Please try our search page: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
    Paradox Web Hosting - [email protected]
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com

I need new comments on them. As I said, I did a search. Thanks...

Originally posted by Shoey
    I need new comments on them. As I said, I did a search. Thanks...
    LOL. Sorry. I even read your post twice before I replied the first time to make sure you didn't search already

Not enough caffine for me this morning.
    Paradox Web Hosting - [email protected]
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com

I have a server with them and I am very pleased. I was first lured their direction by the great prices. But I have had my server with them for only about a month or so and I am still quite happy. Support is great, and server was already setup, so got it immediantly. I have no regrets about going with server4sale!

Not a problem codywatkins

Thank you prautes...

Awsome Support, Great prices. Have 2 servers with them.. almost 24/7 online to help with any questions. =)

I'm happy with them too. Great support and excellent service.
    Just remember your server will be on Nocster, so based on my experience, don't expect 100% quality. Other than that, I highly recommend them.

was great once was down time but was due to a isp thing there service 24/7 till i asked for refund due poor qulity not working out I had chat with him on aim asking for a refund and he said no so he asks for 100 dollers re actave the account to get my backup's he said costs him nothing but for his troubles this includes the 45 paid him in a deal make shorter and kinda basicly I mean maybe im in wrong for asking for a charge back but I mean for trying get back he foirces make me pay 100 dollers when i only paid 45 for the server I had kinda mean and I mean I pleaded him and basicly was will elt paypal deal with it all I do ask for backup i remove charge back and hes like no. I was running mmorpg about 1 month roll back now for players my servers some 500+ accounts I have usally 170-200 players on all time and well kinda sad I gotta tell them this I mean it's hard in real world but I mean becareful never get ont here bad side cuz they will make you pay even tho take him 30 secs to re instate account then for me take 10min download my backup be less then 10mb and then say thanks and lweave i mean even if I removed charge back so basicly nothing wrong he says hes going terminate my account even tho was mistake.. so basicly like if I do soemthing wrong im goign pay hard way.. so only way get backup is 100 dollers.. so watch out most companys dont do that!

Just to clear few things here... Points to note here... $100 Reactivation Fee.... $45 Deal , and biggest CHAGE BACK.
    If you try to help out a client on first month since they have not enuogh money and set a payment plan. All goes well until on 28th day u got hit from paypal for a false accusation....

Claim in paypal : "I Got a Dedicated Server never told info on it and ask many times always problems finaly got it but always has down time and most time it was so slow cant connect. I would have say this worst scam I have gotten I just feel hes not helping hes always rude to me and I asked for refund he said if dont like 30 day money back but he will not respond to me at all now I feel like I was used and i'm deeply upset about this. Was 45us dollers thats a lot of money for somone whos working part time and living
    in canada.."

And Immediatly after recieving it first thing we did is suspend this server as there was no contact of this client. He never contacteed us for support , False accusation as we were rude to him... Our client can vouch for our service even the client who have left us for a better offer. Any way today we got AIM from him and first he claims to be his DAD posted it and lot of contriversial things. Tries to threat that he will ask paypal for money back and stuff .. To make it short we didnt like the threat he was giving us and since paypal claim is already filed there and not willing to work something except he need his DATA as well as refund . I doubted any one will do it. since the server is in suspension mode. We ve basically asked $100 for the services so his data can be given back to him... More like a Service fee for all the trouble....

Btw Do you really wanna know who this person is
    Search for EQSERVER in WHT
    a Banned member

I will be happy to reply any question in this regards. Refund is not a problem although its not our policy but if we feel client is right we do issue refund as well.
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

It's interesting to know that one of the most professional and established Nocster resellers must have driven his English teachers crazy...

Let me get this straight:

1. Client orders the server.
    2. Client files a chargeback after 28 days. The claim was clearly written by a 14 year-old.
    3. You claim he never asked for support.
    4. He threatens another chargeback so his "dad" can get his data back. You want $100.

If that's the case, I suspect that many dedicated server providers (myself included) would have done something similar.

On the other hand, do you guys have a privacy policy?
    Last edited by HostMidwest; 05-26-2004 at 05:45 PM.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

Thanks for making it very breif Hostmidwest
    I just wrote it very quick... and u see lot of typos in it
    Honestly speaking i dont mind giving client there data back. Whats the guarantee that they wont hit us with another paypal dispute after they get there data.
    Server4Sale

Originally posted by server4sale
    Thanks for making it very breif Hostmidwest
    I just wrote it very quick... and u see lot of typos in it
    Honestly speaking i dont mind giving client there data back. Whats the guarantee that they wont hit us with another paypal dispute after they get there data.
    Yes promissed you will not have that problem I mean I would have give my word but you dont want to... You rather force me pay 100us dollers get few mb data more of a scam then it is for your time...

Whats the guarantee that they wont hit us with another paypal dispute after they get there data.
    I don't know anything about these resellers, but this just seems wrong. From the above quote, it seems like they are holding the data hostage. Very strange practices - I always am leery of businesses that take situations like that personally.

No doubt that the customer was wrong - but the actions of the business weren't justified in my opinion.

meanpc Would u like to pay $45 from your own pocket at the end of the month???? Money back guarantee only applies to Shared hosting NOT dedicated servers. On top of that why some one needs to make all those False accusations. And secondly Will you fully cooperate with some one who have file for a charge back??? Rather then come and talk to you? and whose server is suspended... SO what u suggest should i just give him data back and pay $45 to burst from my own pocket??? Specially when you are selling a server below cost to accomodate customer. Also u ve to pay $65 Restore fee to burst to RELOAD OS.....
    Thats $110 right there. If you that then good luck with your business....

As far as dedicatedwoman aka eqserver or roserver ... We still require $100. I am not honoring your words based on the experience. We need to protect our investment and has to pay Employees as well as support personal too.
    Server4Sale

Originally posted by meanpc No doubt that the customer was wrong - but the actions of the business weren't justified in my opinion. [/B]
    I would disagree. It seems to me the customer never paid for the service provided, so why turn him back on long enough to get hsi data? If it is important, I would think the customer would simply pay up what was owed.*

*I obviously know nothing of the specifics of this, so am most likely wrong in the details
    Dan - Vice President - [email protected]
    BurstNET Technologies - http://www.burst.net

SO what u suggest should i just give him data back and pay $45 to burst from my own pocket??? Specially when you are selling a server below cost to accomodate customer. Also u ve to pay $65 Restore fee to burst to RELOAD OS.....
    Thats $110 right there. If you that then good luck with your business....
    This information was left out of the previous posts. Why was that? It makes a big difference in your argument. My previous opinion was based on the information in this thread.

Just curious - where is the data right now? Why would you have to do an OS restore to give this guy his data?

Thing is he knows don't have 110 and so deal was I would not withdraw 45 back he keep it aslong I get my dada back very importent but I cant offred 110 for 2 min also now he says them cots guess what not great hosting if you plan leave after few month and he finds out hes goign suspend it and charge you 110 for os reloading fee's lol so basicly instead of getting 45 hes goignj get 0 kinda odd..

Just to point out ...Ive been very happy with my server from server4sale . As noted in a diffrent thread the support is excellent . Also they have been making me aware of special server offers available to their customers closeouts ...windows ...low end ...high end ...ect . I plan to do alot more bussiness in the near furture with them .
    www.webspacedepot.net
    webhosting the way it should be ....CHEAP!

If you that then good luck with your business....
    I would get the 45.00 back, then charge the customer 20.00 for my time in making the data available to him. I don't see why you would have to reactivate the server if you have the data.

Then I would contact Paypal - that is who actually DID the chargeback.

You seem like a very antagonistic person who seems to not have very good command of the English language.

Dedicatedwomen:
    There is/was no deal .... We dont ve any guarantee you will still NOT file for charge back after u get ur data. U can retrieve ur data in 2 min for all 500 accts ??? wow.....
    Your server is suspended AFTER you filed Paypal Reverse burstnet can confirm date and time when they asked to pull the plug (if ever needed).
    We are not running a $2.99/mo domain hosting business here. We have refunded some of our clients before based on issues they have and they told us upfront. Not after 28 DAYS and after filing for charge back. The moment u request a charge back that money is on hold... We wont be replying regarding this issue any more. If you do need to resolve this please email our billing dept. [email protected] .

As far as if we will do the same to others... we dont have to justify that ..... People who used our services and left us can confirm that.

Meanpc: The data is still there. If this matter is not resolved in 24-48 hrs we will be ordering a reinstall of os and will resale it.
    Server4Sale

so it's all there so in 24-48 hours he delete it if I dont pay him 110us dollers make sense I mean I dont care what hosting company force you pay for your backup's and lose almost month of data is a crime... BEWARE

Originally posted by meanpc
    I would get the 45.00 back, then charge the customer 20.00 for my time in making the data available to him. I don't see why you would have to reactivate the server if you have the data.

Then I would contact Paypal - that is who actually DID the chargeback.

You seem like a very antagonistic person who seems to not have very good command of the English language.
    There is no guarantee the client will NOT file a chargeback again... Based on our conversation on AIM first it was his DAD who file for a charge back.... and he never knew it... Then his "DAD" works part time and goto School (according to paypal comments by buyer). The client has told us more then 20+ lies in 30 minute of chat conversation. We are not going to take a chance simple. Also about my english .. I dont see any of our client have trouble about it.
    Dedicated woman:
    As far as if its a crime or not how about we leave it on the community here.
    Server4Sale

I am still confused. If the OS is still on the server, why would you charge for an OS reinstall? Sounds like there are some inconsistencies on your story also.

All your data are belong to us.

Why dont u get 5 servers at special pricing in a special deal. I will buy one server from you at your cost price saying that i cant pay that much now and from next month i will pay $5 more then ur asking price. On 28th day i file a charge back.... What will u do??
    You cannot cancel that server from your data center as there are some special arrangement for special pricing.
    Have you ever resold dedicated Servers??? If you had you should know all these.
    Server4Sale

Originally posted by meanpc
    I am still confused. If the OS is still on the server, why would you charge for an OS reinstall? Sounds like there are some inconsistencies on your story also.

All your data are belong to us.
    5 servers umm I think this guys pushing it making his story sund good as a professional you should act professional...

Originally posted by dedicatedwomen
    Thing is he knows don't have 110 and so deal was I would not withdraw 45 back he keep it aslong I get my dada back very importent but I cant offred 110 for 2 min also now he says them cots guess what not great hosting if you plan leave after few month and he finds out hes goign suspend it and charge you 110 for os reloading fee's lol so basicly instead of getting 45 hes goignj get 0 kinda odd..
    I count 2 periods in that post, and none of them are between sentences. Learn to write in fully though out sentences with words spelled correctly. If you want to be taken seriously, it's a must. Need help with spelling? Type your posts into Microsoft Word before posting. I'm not flaming you; I'm just trying to have you post in a way that my head doesn't hurt after trying to figure out what you mean.

-Josh

Originally posted by Joshua
    I count 2 periods in that post, and none of them are between sentences. Learn to write in fully though out sentences with words spelled correctly. If you want to be taken seriously, it's a must. Need help with spelling? Type your posts into Microsoft Word before posting. I'm not flaming you; I'm just trying to have you post in a way that my head doesn't hurt after trying to figure out what you mean.

-Josh
    Not to be rude but last I remember flaming could get you suspendded post reported!

Originally posted by dedicatedwomen
    Not to be rude but last I remember flaming could get you suspendded post reported!
    I think Joshua had a point. This thread is becoming impossible to understand. Either English isn't your (or Server4Sale's) native language, or you (and Server4Sale) slept through English class.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

I think Joshua had a point. This thread is becoming impossible to understand. Either English isn't your (or Server4Sale's) native language, or you (and Server4Sale) slept through English class.
    I agree with you completely.

The rep posting from Server4Sale is not living in America currently, though he used to live here. I'm not sure if English is his first language. Dedicatedwomen - I did not flame you, I simply suggested you post in an easier to read format, as I can't understand the issue at hand. I can understand Server4Sales's posts, but that may just be because I've talked with him a lot online and am used to the way he writes .

-Josh

Angry Issues.

I'm not to happy with these guys. In there AUP they state IRC is not allowed, but upon request, they will allow it for dedicated servers. While speaking with there "support" which is somebody who can hardly speak english, slow responce, bad grammar, and extremely broken english told me the only way to enable IRC is to pay for a server they don't have offerd that's going for about $200+. Upon telling him I was moving on, he could have cared less. WOW, somebody really values their customers/to be customers.

Re: Issues.

Originally posted by SynopTerry
    I'm not to happy with these guys. In there AUP they state IRC is not allowed, but upon request, they will allow it for dedicated servers. While speaking with there "support" which is somebody who can hardly speak english, slow responce, bad grammar, and extremely broken english told me the only way to enable IRC is to pay for a server they don't have offerd that's going for about $200+. Upon telling him I was moving on, he could have cared less. WOW, somebody really values their customers/to be customers.
    This was the first bad thin I've heard about them.

I have checked into the logs from the tech who have talk to this person.
    Few things i would like to point out. Funny thing is most of the negative comments we get are from newbies if some one ever noticed. Any way to make the long story short.
    #1 Client CANNOT find in our post in WHT (dedicated server offers) what kind of CPU and Hardware we are offering. And keep insisting to provide them details of what kind of server is included for $40.
    #2. Some more question asked which were related purely with sales. Was told to email sales as the tech was helping few other clients as well.
    #3. client says and i quote "So IRC IS NOT A PROBLEM THEN"
    Tech response was "IRC is infact a HUGE problem". And the other person then started like your AUP said IRC is allowed etc etc. And was told that DataCenter donot allow it any more. (Burst use to allow IRC on SPECIAL request before now they dont. We were not allowed to run our own IRCD for Internal support).

As far as AUP here is what it states.

"IRC
    Server4Sale; currently does not allow IRC or IRC bots to be operated on our servers.
    IRC access may be enabled for Server4Sale; High Speed Wireless and Dedicated Access customers upon special request. "

Now whose fault is it? As far as Spellings yes there were some typos i agree. However if a tech is trying to help 3 clients , of which one hdd going bad , 2nd one has mysql down , and 3rd has some other issue what should be given priority. Our existing client or just get new clients and forget that previous client will get support at all.
    About the last issue of $200 , We offered him that we can get a server for him around that price which does allow IRC. I donot see any issue with this.And in Last client threaten if you cannot provide IRC i m going some where else. And our response Good Luck with it.
    By the way if you do find a company who let you run IRC bots and IRCD for under $60 do tell me. I love to start a shell hosting company there. Just make sure they dont null route you or terminate when attacks become an issue

Any thing else feel free to ask
    Server4Sale

I don't mind them... I don't use them (I'm anti-burstnet)... but I've talked a few times... Only one thing that ever bothered me... He can't see my font that I use on AIM because he has his screen resolution so high ... (1024x768 is the highest I can go with my laptop screen video card).

Seems pretty reputable... many happy customers.

Best reseller out there. give it 10 out of 10 for service and product.

<<I thought we already had this conversation in another thread....>>

We did, thats why that the only thing I said... lets not bring it up again for the good of keeping on topic.

<< Best reseller [edit: of burst] out there. give it 10 out of 10 for service and product.>>

Agreed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast