Email tracking website

Supposed to track emails to see if the recipient got it or not. What do you think?

www.DidTheyReadIt.com

fewcoin

I think they use some combination of javascript and image bugs to confirm the email was read etc. Otherwise return receipt works as well.

You might have a look at this web site: http://www.dnsstuff.com/.

Originally posted by timechange.com
    I think they use some combination of javascript and image bugs to confirm the email was read etc. Otherwise return receipt works as well.
    In the company were I'm undertaking my work placement we sell Web analytics solution and one of the modules is email tracking to follow the ROI of newsletter (opening rate, click-trough, answering rate, reopening rate, , ...)
    And yeah, we use that technics the tag technology as for the Web Analytics, just slightly adapted. the only problem with that method, you have to send HTML email, but the accuracy of data is almost 100% perfect..

Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou
    Founder of the MythTV Community Website :: MythTVtalk.com :: Latest MythTV News

Originally posted by Carl<n-media>
    You might have a look at this web site: http://www.dnsstuff.com/.
    How is that related?

Well it doesn't seem to work if the recipient doesn't accept HTML emails, sent an email and read it, it's logged as being sent but no notification of it being read. You can see if people are using it as the mail comes from dtri2.rampellsoft.com *bounces mail from that domain (i wouldn't be surprised if some large ISP's soon start doing the same)

Originally posted by lubox.com
    Analytics, just slightly adapted. the only problem with that method, you have to send HTML email, but the accuracy of data is almost 100% perfect..

Except for when most email clients are making their preview window have image download disabled by default. Most people never fully open the email or allow the images to download to allow tracking...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

True and True

But we currently have several Blue-chip customers (cannot give their name here...) which are using this solution to track their newsletters.

The figures cannot be 100% perfect due to the fact you mentionned (no image, no html,..) but compared to other solution, I think this solution is pretty good for a cheap price compared to the BIG names out there such as Webtrends, NetIQ, etc...

The company where I'm undertaking my workplacement is just a big name in France that's big, isn't it? lol

Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou
    Founder of the MythTV Community Website :: MythTVtalk.com :: Latest MythTV News