I am interested in getting a free hosting script (subdomain.domain.com). It should work on a Linux server with Cpanel. I can do the subdomain creation part myself manually through Cpanel subdomain creation, but here are a list of features I want.
I want to see ALL the features of EasyHost FREE included, with these extra features:
- Easily customised admin and end user control panel pages (like EasyHost)
- Allow limitation of transfer limits on a monthly basis (in MBs AND GBs) e.g. 500mb of transfer per month - account auto-suspended until end of month (suspension page editable)
- Email user directly from admin (mailing list feature required as well - with ability to email just users to agreed to signup to the ML, as well as ability to email ALL users regardless of their ML signup status so I can inform them of important matters)
- Header/footer includes
- Banned extensions
- User suspension (permanent, and temporary in terms of days)
- Auto email user forgotten password
NOTE: Optional features are the ones that I would like and will pay more for if they are included. I.E. If you just give me the above features, I will pay you less than if you included the optional features below as well. So if one guy comes along offer both required and optional features for $XX, you can be sure I won't even look at the guy who will do only the required features for $XXX
OPTIONAL features: (ranked in order of most desired to important)
- Admin level and end user stats (a very simple one will do - like the one in the paid version of EasyHost. Kudos if you can give me something more details )
- Upon creation of an end user account, the script will also create a email for the user (at [email protected] instead of [email protected]) which I can limit mailbox size. I want the user's email account to be created in my Cpanel's Neomail account. I want it such that the end user can login to his hosting account and click on a button to check his email, and it directs him to Neomail account. Some understanding of CPanel is required for this. I am using CPanel Xskin for this domain, but will prefer not to limit myself to a single CP skin.
- Create a button that the user can click on to jump directly to the Neomail login page for my Cpanel. I will manually create the [email protected] email.
(NOTE: If including this email feature, the required user suspension should also suspend their emails if possible)
- Support for MORE than 1 domain, so I can create users on domain1.com, domain2.com, etc
- Hosting packages, so I can just assign a new user to a certain page instead of having to setup allowed space, transfer, extensions, etc from sratch for each user
- Auto creates the subdomain.domain.com on my cpanel so I don't have to do it manually
- WYSIWYG editor (for end users)
IMPORTANT: Please PM me instead of emailing me. I rarely check that email now as it has become flooded by spam, so if you email me I may just accidentally delete it!
NOTE: I will only pay full sum on receipt of a verified working script. In the meantime, I will still make a reasonable downpayment.
DEADLINE: Within 30 days (up to 60 days possible if you are doing the optional feature(s) as well).
Payment terms: Paypal
EDIT: Oh, and I'd be obvious - since I can get Easyhost (paid edition) for US$150, if you're going to go higher than that, I might as well just go for the paid edition, no?
Last edited by code_renegade; 05-22-2004 at 06:14 AM.
Originally posted by code_renegade Sorry - I heard from a few users that XPanel has conflicting problems when used on a Cpanel server. Unless you can assure me 100% otherwise, please don't suggest XPanel to me
Plus, I don't see some essential features on XPanel that I need, such as admin-only user creation (not based on user signups), and webmail integration
On that note: PHP language preferred, with MySQL backend! CGI scripts tend to create high loads.
Xpanel working good and don't have any problems with cpanel.