Dotster and Hiding Contact Info???

Hello,

I am designing a website for a non-profit group that does some advocacy for local legislation. I am not actually a member of the group, but I registered their domain name for them.

Since I'm not affiliated with their political positions, but I'll be maintaining their site, I want the domain contact info to be anonymous for Whois searches. Right now, it shows my phone number, personal address, etc...

Is there any way with Dotster to have anonymous contact info for whois searches?

i don't think doster offer privacy registration, but some other registrars do, check domainsbyproxy i think you can purchase their privacy without moving the domain there, not sure though.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

With Dotster you would have to put the Organization's info in the whois. Though maybe you could appear as just the tech contact...

put fake info ?

No, not fake info. I was thinking of someone at the group who wants to be associated with it - the chairperson or secretary etc. If you appear only in the tech info then no one will necessarily assume you are part of the group. You would then receive any important renewal type emails in the future.

can't put fake info as per ICANN rules, the registrar might delete your domain if you have fake info.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I think most services like domainsbyproxy,protectfly, enom require the name be under their management to use the service. I do not recall dotster offering any type of privacy protection
    Domain Maven