Question Autica Reseller Set Up

For those of you who resell with Autica can you tell me how long it took for them to set up your account?

I signed up last night and when the automated verification call came through it wouldn't recognize when I pressed 1 on my phone and so I left a voicemail message. I also emailed as prompted by the online order screen.

Well, I got emailed my invoice but nothing else yet. No call from them to verify. I called the 866 number at least 6 times today and whether I choose sales or customer service I can't get a real person and am told that the mailbox is full so I can't leave a message.

I created a support ticket and was given this response:

I am sorry, resellers accounts are not created instantly. Our manager has to verify your order first and it can take 1-2 days.
    Now the online order page said that the account would be created within 24 hours and that an Administrator would send me an email with my account details shortly, but I've got nothing but the bill.

I was real hopeful that these guys would be better than liveplanets.com based on what I've read here in these forums, I hope I wasn't mistaken.

Thanks,
    JET

Seemed like within 24 hours when I signed up. Probably depends somewhat on the info you provided.

Hello Everyone,

We are a bit backed up on new accounts. Business is booming and
    we are a bit swamped.

In the mean time, we are moving to a new office in Downtown Chicago
    and this is causing some phone issues... Were working on it, support is
    still going strong.

Sorry about that, I am here now working to approve orders manually.
    The automatic system had a hickup or so.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Thumbs up

Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope to hear from you soon. Let me know if there's anything I can do to speed up the process. I hope to port everything over this weekend. I look forward to working with you, especially based on most of the reviews in this forum.

Chicago eh? I'm a native Detroiter myself, but now live in Hawaii (the weather is MUCH better ;-)

JET

Tropical is nice but nothing beats a big city

Were moving to an office at 223 W. Jackson -- right on the corner of
    Jackson Blvd and Franklin - across from the Sears Tower. I'm excited,
    I get a view!
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

imaginejet,

You need at least 5 posts before you can PM.

I've been with Autica for about 2 months. My experience has been very good so far. Good luck!

Mulder
    Quentin Moore - TechRanker.net (Site re-launch coming soon)
    Best Tech Gadget Reviews | Mobile App Reviews | Comparison Charts
    Admin @ TechRanker.net | @ TechRanker | TechRanker.net

same here

Good to know that it's not only me who is waiting.
    I signed up with midphase on may 17 and still waiting (on may 19 Dan wrote that he is working on it now).
    It kind of sucked... thought to transfer my site during this weekend ...

Re: same here

Originally posted by aleksey t
    Good to know that it's not only me who is waiting.
    I signed up with midphase on may 17 and still waiting (on may 19 Dan wrote that he is working on it now).
    It kind of sucked... thought to transfer my site during this weekend ...

Shoot me an E_mail with your order ID and I'll do it right now.

It most lilkely is caught up in verifications.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Thanks for fast respond. I've sent you an email.

Originally posted by aleksey t
    Thanks for fast respond. I've sent you an email.
    aleksey t,

Let us know how it turns out.

Thumbs up

I have to say that other than the slight delay in getting the verification done my reseller site was set up yesterday and so far so good. Nice response time from support for my many questions regarding transfer.

Only bummer was finding out that I needed an additional IP at an additional charge ($15 set up and $2.95/mo) for one of the sites being transferred from my old host which requires SSL.

That said the customer service alone beats the heck out of my old host.

JET

Unhappy

Originally posted by sawbuck
    Seemed like within 24 hours when I signed up. Probably depends somewhat on the info you provided.
    I'm curious if you had any problems with setting up packages in your WHM? The default setting for

Max FTP
    Max Email
    Max Email Lists
    Max SQL
    Max Subdomains
    Bandwidth

is unlimited, but once I create a package the "unlimited" doesn't stick and it sets everything to "0" except bandwidth to "1".

I submitted a support ticket but was told that "This ticket has been transferred to a member of our operations and administration department. It will be responded to shortly by the appropriate person. " I thought that was weird so I questioned why it wasn't a tech support issue & was told "We don't provide such options by default. It need to be approved by our manager." That seems even more odd. I haven't heard from anyone since 10pm CDT last nite. I even emailed Dan, but no response so far. Have you (or has anyone else) had a similar issue?

JET

I just tried the same thing and got the same results. When I specify a numeric value, I have no problems.

Mulder

BTW, I just found out that we aren't able to automate account creation, etc, using Moderbill. I may still use it for billing though... I guess...