BREAKING NEWS :: Martha Stewart trial

AP: Government witness in Martha Stewart trial charged with perjury, accused of giving false testimony.
    Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com for the latest news.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Corporate America. She's gonna walk free...

Money talks, bull-**** walks.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

yeah no kidding should have seen that one coming..

I suspect old Martha could scrape enough coin together to make it worth taking the perjury rap for her and helping her get off the conviction...
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

The important question is: do they allow doilies in prison?

$$$$ talks... now she is going to walk free and clear
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

Martha should be acquitted. She had standing orders to sell her stock once it reached a certain price. It was coincidental that this happened right before the Inclone thing. She may be a hard woman to deal with, but she's very innovative and smart. She should definately be cleared!
    Tommy Elliott
    Hello & Co! - It all starts with Hello !
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloNetworks.net | eHello.net | HostingNames.net | 1-888-88-HELLO

Originally posted by te2586
    Martha should be acquitted. She had standing orders to sell her stock once it reached a certain price. It was coincidental that this happened right before the Inclone thing. She may be a hard woman to deal with, but she's very innovative and smart. She should definately be cleared!
    She was worth many millions of dollars (over a billion at one point though I think this was more like 600M at the time) and she is going to risk all that over what was it $66K in stock or so? I suppose it's possible she could be so greedy and short sighted as to actually do insider trading but looking at her track record I'd say she's smarter than that.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Martha Stewart was not on trial for Insider Trading (which is what you describe), she was on trial for LIEING and interefering with Government Procedures.

And NOT coincidental, because the CEO of Inclone SOLD HIS Shares the day before it crashed and he DID notify Martha's broker who inturn notified Martha. The CEO is now facing a 7 year prision term.

She is NOT charged with insider trading, she lied and she got what she deserves and she should at least spend a year or 2 in prision because all she gained from all of thsi was like $120,000.. she's a BILLIONAIRE and shes about $120K, she should be punished for being greety.

I'm sorry if I was mistaken. I agree she is driven to make more and more money, but who isn't. The fact that she only made $120,000 is proof to me that she wasn't guilty...compared the billions she has.

I seem to have a soft spot for the woman because she's been chosen to be the example that government wants to set.

I guess it all depends on your point of view. Either way, I think the manner in which the government handled this was a little unfair to Martha IMHO.
    Tommy Elliott
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloNetworks.net | eHello.net | HostingNames.net | 1-888-88-HELLO

I'm sorry if I was mistaken. I agree she is driven to make more and more money, but who isn't. The fact that she only made $120,000 is proof to me that she wasn't guilty...compared the billions she has.

I seem to have a soft spot for the woman because she's been chosen to be the example that government wants to set.

I guess it all depends on your point of view. Either way, I think the manner in which the government handled this was a little unfair to Martha IMHO.
    No it wasn't. The government approached her, sat her down and asked her simple questions - and she lied. We believed her because she's Martha Stewart, a very successful lady. We trusted her and she lied. So we took her to court and she got what she deserved. Don't lie to the SEC, the IRS or any Government ORganization. You're just gonna get burned in the end.

Now she's lost millions (about $750 million), she had to step down from her company, she's charged with four counts of obstructing justice and lying to investigators .

She brought this all upon herself.

Lieing gets you nowhere except into court.

I have no pitty for her.

If the 96 Year old woman has to go to jail.. Then Martha Stewart does too
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Originally posted by Rob83
    Martha Stewart was not on trial for Insider Trading (which is what you describe), she was on trial for LIEING and interefering with Government Procedures.

And NOT coincidental, because the CEO of Inclone SOLD HIS Shares the day before it crashed and he DID notify Martha's broker who inturn notified Martha. The CEO is now facing a 7 year prision term.

She is NOT charged with insider trading, she lied and she got what she deserves and she should at least spend a year or 2 in prision because all she gained from all of thsi was like $120,000.. she's a BILLIONAIRE and shes about $120K, she should be punished for being greety.
    Agreed.

I'm sorry if I was mistaken. I agree she is driven to make more and more money, but who isn't. The fact that she only made $120,000 is proof to me that she wasn't guilty

The fact that she made 120k profit only proves that she made 120k profit. It speaks nothing of her innocence or guilt.
    ...compared the billions she has . . .
    She never had/has billions of dollars. I think she was worth (on paper) over 1 Billion, just after the IPO of her company, but I'm not sure what happened from there with her nett worth. It's been on a steep decline though, since the height of her IPO.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

The fact that she made 120k profit only proves that she made 120k profit. It speaks nothing of her innocence or guilt.

She never had/has billions of dollars. I think she was worth (on paper) over 1 Billion, just after the IPO of her company, but I'm not sure what happened from there with her nett worth. It's been on a steep decline though, since the height of her IPO. [/B]
    I think she did have a billion dollars. Well HAD is the keyword. She spent roughly $750 million paying for attorney fees and what not.

Ack...I knew it just over a billion but my brain told my fingers type billions.

Well, we're each entitled to our own opinion. Like I said, I hope she goes free. But if they prove (especially after the guy purjured himself) that she's guilty...then she's guilty. I just hope she's not.
    Tommy Elliott

Ack...I knew it just over a billion but my brain told my fingers type billions.
    Big difference with billion and billions. I'm still working on getting to the first million.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up