GovernmentSecurity.org 14,000 + Members

Hello,

I am looking to cache in my chips.

I have run the governmentsecurity.org forum and security site for the last 2 years and frankly life is just getting to busy to maintain it.

Here are some stats.

The forum has aproximatly 14,000 + members. It is well known in security circles. At the time we shut down membership we had 300 + people signing up each day. Aprox. 8,000 + and growing unique IP's visit daily.

I am hoping to sell the entire site including content. I simply want to tranfer the hosting to the buyer and be done with it. The site has almost 1gb of security tools contributed by members and holds the top google spot of "Network Security Articles", "Government Security" as well as many more searches.

If someone is interested in purchasing it, or knows of a better place to try and sell it, or may have the foggiest idea how much it is worth, please tell me

Good evening,

I know Governmentsecurity.org well, I've been using it for a long time

I am very interested in purchasing it lock-stock-and-barrel though. When you've worked out an asking price for the lot, give me a yell via e-mail ([email protected]) and I'll happily take it off your hands

Thanks,
    Alan.

site

I am very interested lets get the bidding started at $300

$300? Your joking right? Put another zero or 2 on the end and you'd be getting closer.

GSecur, if you wish to sell the site for real money, drop me an e-mail ([email protected]), and we can go from there.

Thanks,
    Alan.

$1 per registered user minimum

and your making money out of that site already and because it still has a big potential.

typo

Typo

$3000

Wow, I'm glad gso has so many fans. I am still on the fence as to if I am going to sell it. As you know this has been my pride and joy as well as the other admins on the site. My primary concern is what will happen to the orginization after it is sold. I know technically it will not be my business after it is in the new owners hands but this is a major concern of mine in regards to the sale. Will the site be left alive or will it be stripped and basically used as a redirect to another page?

Another option I have been batting around would be a partnership, where a more business minded company could assist in the financial section, and sight planning but the original moderators maintain a certain amount of involvment with the site. Perhaps in a percentage style payment system, with the majority cut going to the new owners obviously.

I would love to hear the opinions.

Also forgot to add it holds the number one google spot for "Network Security Consultant Directory"

And it is ranked pretty high on alexa:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...ntsecurity.org

but I don't give those ratings much value