Thumbs down A stupid copycat

Take a look at this site subtilius.com/webhostplan.html , it copied the whole hosting plans of mine at http://www.qoolhost.com/hostingPlan.php without changing the order link. Well, hopefully i can get more orders because of that LOL.

All the content is from my site, should i contact their provider about this?

Yes, I know that this really ticks you off (it pisses me off as it has happened to me several times), but unless their provider really cares, I don't think that will help...

In all cases, I'd leave it as is; as you mentioned you'd probably get some orders out of it.. I have received about 5 good customers from my copycat and some traffic...

that is very clever of them... they have clearly thought things through very well!!

Another teenage/fly by night company?
    LowCostDedi Ltd - www.LowCostDedi.co.uk

immotive you should definetly contact them. Is your material copywrited? do you have some sort of protection? maybe then you can tell them you'll take legal action if they dont co-operate, but i dont think they would care because they are in the different end of the world.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Probably they just link your php file to their content. Thus, that's why they didn't change the order butoon. Well. it happened to me as well but for your case, if it is not taking away lots of your bandwidth, you are getting free money somehow haha. However, do contact the owner. FAIR PLAY. Ask for your rights and don't snatch their customer (if there is any) from such act.

As for whether you are copyrighted, it is best to ask your lawyer on that. There is a new rule in the law community that it is unethical to give legal advices online. So good luck if you are taking this matter in legal terms.

Regards

Originally posted by acidbase
    Probably they just link your php file to their content. Thus, that's why they didn't change the order butoon. Well. it happened to me as well but for your case, if it is not taking away lots of your bandwidth, you are getting free money somehow haha. However, do contact the owner. FAIR PLAY. Ask for your rights and don't snatch their customer (if there is any) from such act.
    Just to re-iterate on my previous post. Yes, I have received 5 customers from a copycat, but I simply called them (the users) back once they filled out the signup and explained the circumstances and they appreciated me being honest with them. The net effect, they decided to stay with me and as I mentioned earlier, they are good customers (I actually was referred by one of those customers and I received another one!)

Precisely, honest and good host rules.

I agree.

Leave it as it is for now - if anybody signs up, let them know what happened.

I don't think that their provider will do anything about that.

AdWatcher.NET - Ad Monitoring & Tracking (90-day Money Back Guarantee)

David Ogilvy said, 'I know half of my advertising works. I just don't know which half'. Would you like to know if YOUR prospects are reacting to your ads? Find out now!

Personally, it doesn't look like too big of a deal right now.. They aren't by any means a big host - and they stole code for a simple table. Aren't they all looking the same these days anyway?
    "Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs."
    ♣ Alfred Hitchcock ♣

With similar websites and now similar codes and order pages

Some affiliate do this, they make their websites similar to the person they are selling for and lead the person to the order page of the host.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

I'll leave it as it is at the moment, coz interested to see when will they discover the mistake. Anyway, they should know it by now because of the sudden increase in traffic from WHT

Thanks for the suggestion :-)

Leave it, when they change it to their own order form, then you file a complaint

Originally posted by zerosix
    Leave it, when they change it to their own order form, then you file a complaint
    Yes. I would suggest "delaying" any action until you have free time to do so (when they change their order now link).
    Paradox Web Hosting - [email protected]
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com