ensim and SE site submit

In cpanel there is a very useful feature to submit your site to multiple search engines.
    I have recently moved to a host that uses ensim control panels and was wondering if there was a way to do this on ensim.

I wouldn't recommend it, even if Ensim did offer it. Manual submission works better and you're more likely to get listed. For whatever reason, many search engines do not like automated submissions.

However, if you stil want to do it.

http://www.submitexpress.com/list.html
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

I have had good results from the cpanel option.

have you used submitexpress before?

I have used similar things (can't remember which one) before and had bad or no results and been bombarded with spam.

No, I have used addme.com previously, however that site was down when I orginally posted.

Submit Express is one I had heard of though. I generally create a new email address for these types of things anyway so I know if they're spamming me.

However, if you don't want to have to worry about that. Takes two minutes to install many of these simple scripts.

http://php.resourceindex.com/Complet...bmitting_URLs/
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

You can use www.marketleap.com to find out about your keyword density, saturation and other usefull information
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

While search engine submission is rather self-fulfilling, I've found it essentially useless. Why? Well, there are a variety of reasons. Primarily, when starting out with a site, your site is not going to come up early in the results when searching for terms related to it's content. Putting your site into a search engine isn't going to automatically bring in hits. To do that, you need links from other sites. However, when you start getting those links, the search engine spiders will now be able to discover your site and index it. Submitting essentially becomes redundant because your popularity is going to come not from a google search, but from getting links and providing solid content, which means you'll end up in the search engines anyway. A search engine's goal is to find you, not to have you find them
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Web site promotion

Yes I agree with timdorr. But how to get links from other web sites. Its something to think about. What procedure to adopt to get useful traffic to you web site?

Originally posted by timdorr
    Putting your site into a search engine isn't going to automatically bring in hits. To do that, you need links from other sites. However, when you start getting those links, the search engine spiders will now be able to discover your site and index it. Submitting essentially becomes redundant because your popularity is going to come not from a google search, but from getting links and providing solid content, which means you'll end up in the search engines anyway. A search engine's goal is to find you, not to have you find them

although in this case you should still register with the search engine because if for some reason your link on some other site is removed they won't have you listed the next time they spider the site!!