Am I in the matrix?

3 very odd things that all are related happened last night.

Getting ready to sleep, I check my alarm clock, I press the snooze button to turn on the display (it glows green when you want it to). Ok, so i press it once, looking at the alarm setting making sure its set correctly, I press the snooze button once more to keep the light on.. Only this time something very strange happened, the green glow stayed on, but was 50% dimmer. Never ever happened in the 3 years Ive own this alarm clock. I thought nothing of it other than "hm weird."

So I fall alseep, and had a dream/nightmare that one of the UPS systems here (at work) was failing, and letting very LOW voltage pass though to the servers behind it. The green LCD (sun cobalt raqs) were getting dim, also green, sort of like my alarm clock - ok they seem like one led to another, right? It was just a dream, right?

I get in to work this morning and as normal, I do a DC walk checking everything out, looking at the 'blinkies' and reading LCD's for any errors, to I came to on box of my clients that reads on the LCD "Warning: CPU voltage crossed lower boundry".

I am semi-freaking out. These all are too weird, ive had occurances where things I thought actually happened, but 3 of these seem oddly related, and almost too much of a cooincidence..

Anyone else experience something this.. weird?
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!

its kinda like de ja vu type of thing... happens when matrix has a glit... er... no, I mean... it happens all the time. Some times your mind works on a subcontcious level and you can look into the "future". I've gotten quite a few of that type of strange experiences before as well...

I wish someone would REALLY explore the human mind and find out how to use it to its capacity - if occurances like these can happen by mistake.. Imagine what you could do if you could do them on purpose.

Its baffleing.

Thanks,

Neo

Wow, you have truly become one with your servers.

I believe they call that state Nerdvana

Originally posted by sightz
    Wow, you have truly become one with your servers.

I believe they call that state Nerdvana

lol. . . . .

thehostworks, its called Cognitive Science.

I have had these kinds of experiences, though not explicitly. I would see or dream a scene, an event, a chat...then that thing happens usually in a month. No joke.

I studied cognitive psychology 2 semesters ago - it's a very new science, so there's lots to be learnt.

And yes - this precongition during dreams seems to be a fairly common occurance. Imagine the power that we can harnass if we can actually get these precongitions to come as and when we please

Originally posted by code_renegade
    I studied cognitive psychology 2 semesters ago - it's a very new science, so there's lots to be learnt.

And yes - this precongition during dreams seems to be a fairly common occurance. Imagine the power that we can harnass if we can actually get these precongitions to come as and when we please
    Honestly, the world would become a very scary place.

Then again, the police would arrest criminals before they even think about doing a crime.. interesting

I've had similar things happen with failing HD's catastropic computer failures. More seriously, with tornadoes, and nasty family fights.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Originally posted by thehostworks
    Honestly, the world would become a very scary place.

Then again, the police would arrest criminals before they even think about doing a crime.. interesting
    Exactly what the movie Minority Report was about.

Pre-Cop...

I have read an article somwhere long tim ago, that an average person uses 3%-5% of his/her brain, scientists, on the other hand, up to 8%.

AdWatcher.NET - Ad Monitoring & Tracking (90-day Money Back Guarantee)

David Ogilvy said, 'I know half of my advertising works. I just don't know which half'. Would you like to know if YOUR prospects are reacting to your ads? Find out now!

...perhaps we should upgrade RAM...

I have had a similar dream about my data center actually very strange.

I dreamed that there was an attack coming into the machine so I droved to the data center and logged into the router via console and meet the president in the data center and he helped me filter the attacks at uplink level, it was eating about 1-2mbit of bandwidth not much but enough where I was a little furious to why.

2 days later, it actually happend and was 1/2 mbit then turned into 2mbit while I was at the data center and as I walked in the president was there and asked me if I needed any help tonight.

what was too strange was the same way I diagnosed the router at border and layer 2 was the same way I did it in my dream.

---- Now my conclusion to WHY this happend like this was....

1. I typically filter the same ways depending on the type of attacks (SYN).
    2. On weekends the president is usally there doing some work.

---- now reguardless sometimes Im doing something and sit there and space out and it just seems like.... I did this before sometime and REALLY I have never been in the same spot doing the same thing at the same age or time.

Life is full of obsticles....
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

Originally posted by PixelAxis
    Exactly what the movie Minority Report was about.
    They called it 'Pre-Crime' if I'm not wrong.

The interesting thing is that if something like that does happen in the future, won't we need a whole new set of laws for pre-meditated mischief which were stopped in time?

Freaky

That movie was good.
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

I thought it was neat.. Those spider things were cool
    josh

I have dreams that let me know when something tramatic has happened or is about to happen in someones life. Such as an accident, death, baby is born those sort of things.

The dreams never tell me exactly what is happening they only give me a sign I guess. I will have a dream and it will be people I know in a very familiar place and in walks somebody that doesnt fit the picture. Such as they dont know the other people that are there or have never been to the place we are at and normally both. Its kinda like they are jumping into my life for a bit. The person that doesnt fit into the picture is the person that had something happen 2 them. I will call that person and sure enough within a day something very big has happened in their life.

Trips me out every time.