Thread: Dinix.com

Dinix.com

I want a Linux reseller account, I was attracted to Dinix.com mainly because of there professional website that give you the opinion they are really professional. But sure this is not enough.
    I made a request and I recieved ~10 offers (some were very away of my request), but i didn't receive any from Dinix.

Do anyone have something against Dinix plz?

thank you.

Dinix's site costed them around 30000 bucks. I wouldn't choose them just because their site looks professional. I would be much happier if they would spend that 30000 to keep customers happy.

I don't think Dinix has a representative here and that is why you won't get an offer from them.

From what I can recall, they have a pretty good reputation.
    You can try searching for them here: www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I seem to remember dinix having good reviews around here. Freak is right in saying that a good looking professional site shouldnt be the reason to purchase from them.

Do a search on here and see what others who have used their service say.
    -- Matthew

sure a professional looking website is not enough... this is what i said just after my comment.

i think having a representative here is better than spending $30,000 on a website

I dont think price really needs to come in to this conversation and how they decide to spend their money. I think a search on dinix would show if they offer good service or not.
    -- Matthew

Originally posted by senior
    i think having a representative here is better than spending $30,000 on a website
    This is correct.

I thought there was someone here from dinix? And where did this $30k figure come from? That is quite a bit to spend on a website...

Just recently, I ordered a Dinix VPS. Their responses were very prompt when I had to set up during non-business hours. Contact them directly if you have questions, I don't believe they handle communications on WHT.

freak, I believe the $3,000 spent on their web site is FOR the customers--it's very easy to navigate and when you log into your customer portal, everything is easily accessible from technical assistance to billing.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Re: Dinix.com

Originally posted by senior
    I want a Linux reseller account, I was attracted to Dinix.com mainly because of there professional website that give you the opinion they are really professional. But sure this is not enough.
    I made a request and I recieved ~10 offers (some were very away of my request), but i didn't receive any from Dinix.

Do anyone have something against Dinix plz?

thank you.
    Keep in mind, while you can use a VPS as a reseller account, it's not the same thing. You have to manage your VPS for the most part. The upside of a VPS is you are guaranteed resources, the downside is, so is everyone else, hence, you will often actually have less CPU and RAM than on a "non oversold" reseller account.

Originally posted by lnguyen
    I thought there was someone here from dinix? And where did this $30k figure come from? That is quite a bit to spend on a website...
    Dinix's site was build by Ceonex. They are known for charging expensive rates in that range. At the same time, under contract, I believe they are not supposed to be saying exactly what the figures are, but you can expect something similar to that.

* Not saying they are over-charging. They do put plenty of work and expertise into their web sites and the companies' branding.
    Sedna Solutions · Internet Marketing · Web Design · Branding · Advertising · Graphic Design · Public Relations · Consulting
    Sedna Hosting · Web Hosting Solutions

To answer the first question... Dinix has been excellent for me. I'd glad I found them and have had great results with their service.
    David Smith

Originally posted by The Pioneer

freak, I believe the $3,000 spent on their web site is FOR the customers--it's very easy to navigate and when you log into your customer portal, everything is easily accessible from technical assistance to billing.
    Note that it is 30000 not 3000.

Besides, it would have saved them alot more money if they didn't ask for a flash banner...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

How a company portrays it's self, is very important.

Remember people, website's are the first impression you can make on a customer, and possibly the biggest initial sales tool.

Dinix are right (in my opinion) to do their utmost to make sure that they have a very stylish, and very capable website.

The 30k for the site, is probably a good guess, by the way.

It seems some hosting companies cannot win. People are lambasted for having 'cookie cutter' websites, and then lambasted for being unique. Oh well, it's the way of the world, I guess

I agree that you should judge Dinix, or any other company on their performance, but I personally feel that an attractive website, is important. I would not buy a product from a website, that looked like it was thrown together. It's been a policy of mine since '97, and will be for the foreseeable future.

An attractive website draws the customer in, good performance, and/or stability keeps them there.

Simon

If in fact Dinix was able to spend $30K on their website (an I question how that figure was arrived at) then good for them. Do a simple search on WHT (and other sites) and you'll see what type of reputation Dinix (or any other host you are interested in has).

Besides a professional looking website is expensive and as a customer I would rather deal with company that had an easy to use website.

Even though a nice looking website would not be a reason that would play any part in the actual decision making process, IT is a simple basic filter for me. A website is often the first interaction that a potential customer has with a company. If any company decides to present themselves in an unprofessional manner then I take that to mean that they will follow that same unprofessional attitude toward the services they provide.