Cisco VPN client and windows 2003 server

Having a tough time setting up the Cisco VPN client on a windows 2003 server (running terminal services)

1st of all we couldn't install unless we stoped MS IPSEC runing. Now the application is installed but when we try to connect we get:

Initializing the connection...
    Initiating TCP to XX.X.XX.XX, port 10000...
    Contacting the gateway at XX.XX.XX.XX.
    User authentication application failed to start.
    Any ideas?

Stil waiting for the Tax Office (who require the use and distribute the Cisco client) to get back to me. Thought I might throw it out to a few brains out there.
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials

problem

I know cisco doesnt support win 2k3 which is AMAZING to me. But i cannot even get the install to work as you described - i even tried disabling the service you mentioned...

Reseller-Network.Com
    Hsphere, DirectAdmin, or Helm. Windows 2003 & Unix Reseller,Shared,and Dedicated Hosting.
    *Multi-Homed* *Usage-Based* *Adult Content Allowed*

not really

that doesn't help because I don't control the VPN mechanism. I have to connect to the cisco VPN and the only way i can is via their client software (because the vpn server i am connecting to doesnt support pptp).

I just dont understand why a company as big as cisco cannot support something like windows 2003 or even have a viable work around!

They dont think people will need to vpn from win 2k3!?!?

I ended up getting it installed by using a diferent installer. I don't think I used the MSI installer. Everything runs fine now
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials